To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Sonoma / GMC
1994 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1994 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1994 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1994 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1995 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1995 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1995 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
1996 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1996 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1996 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1996 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
1997 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1997 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1997 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1997 Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
1998 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1998 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1998 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1998 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
1999 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
1999 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
1999 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
2000 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
2000 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
2000 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
2000 GMC Sonoma SLE Extended Cab
2001 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
2001 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
2001 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
2001 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab
2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
2002 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
2002 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
2002 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab
2003 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
2003 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
2003 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab
2004 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
2004 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab
2004 GMC Sonoma Club Coupe
2004 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab
Production year(s): 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download Original GMC Sonoma Pickup Truck Parts Catalog and Shop Manual Now!"
Calling all GMC Sonoma pickup truck owners and enthusiasts! We are thrilled to offer you the opportunity to download the original GMC Sonoma Parts Catalog and Shop Manual. This comprehensive guide provides a treasure trove of information about the 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma models. From detailed engine specifications to maintenance tips and popular tuning options, this manual is a must-have for anyone looking to keep their Sonoma pickup truck in excellent condition. Whether you use your Sonoma for heavy-duty tasks or off-road adventures, this guide will help you enhance performance, tackle common issues, and explore a range of accessories and attachments. Let's dive into the world of the 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Options: 2.2L L4 (LN2), 2.2L L4 (L43), 2.2L L4 (L61), 2.2L L4 (L43), 4.3L V6 (LB4), 4.3L V6 (L35), 4.3L V6 (LF6), 4.3L V6 (LU3).
• Horsepower: Ranges from 118 HP to 190 HP, depending on the engine variant.
• Torque: Ranges from 130 lb-ft to 250 lb-ft, depending on the engine variant.
• Fuel System: Sequential Fuel Injection for all engine options.
• Compression Ratio: Varies from 9.1:1 to 9.5:1, depending on the engine variant.
• Transmission Options: 4-speed automatic and 5-speed manual.
• Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive (2WD) and four-wheel drive (4WD) configurations.
• Suspension: Independent front suspension with coil springs, solid rear axle with leaf springs.
• Brakes: Front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
• Wheelbase: Ranges from 108.3 inches to 122.9 inches, depending on the model.
• Length: Ranges from 178.2 inches to 203.1 inches, depending on the model.
• Width: Approximately 67.9 inches.
• Height: Ranges from 63.5 inches to 64.6 inches, depending on the model.
• Curb Weight: Varies from around 3,100 lbs to 3,600 lbs, depending on the model.
• Fuel Efficiency: Ranges from approximately 16 MPG city / 22 MPG highway to 22 MPG city / 27 MPG highway, depending on the engine and drivetrain.
Facts and Details:
- The GMC Sonoma was introduced in 1994 as a compact pickup truck under the GMC brand.
- The Sonoma shared its platform with the Chevrolet S-10 pickup truck.
- It was available in regular cab and extended cab configurations with various bed lengths.
- The GMC Sonoma featured a sturdy and durable body-on-frame construction.
- The ZR2 package offered enhanced off-road capabilities with upgraded suspension and larger tires.
- Four-wheel drive models featured an Insta-Trac system for easy switching between 2WD and 4WD.
- The Sonoma offered a range of trim levels, including the base, SL, SLS, and high-end SLE models.
- Extended cab models featured rear jump seats for additional passenger capacity.
- The Sonoma's compact size made it suitable for urban driving and tight parking spaces.
- The V6 engine options provided ample power for towing and hauling tasks.
- The Sonoma received praise for its comfortable and ergonomic interior design.
- The GMC Sonoma was well-regarded for its dependability and long-lasting performance.
- Popular options included a bedliner, towing package, and extended cab storage compartments.
- The 1998 model year saw a facelift with updated front-end styling and interior improvements.
- The Sonoma offered a variety of safety features, including driver-side airbags and anti-lock brakes.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil Change: Replace engine oil and filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Fluid Levels: Regularly check coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid levels.
► Air Filter: Clean or replace the air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles or as needed.
► Tire Maintenance: Check tire pressure regularly and rotate tires every 5,000 to 7,000 miles.
► Brake Inspection: Inspect brake pads and replace them if they are worn or damaged.
► Timing Belt: Replace the timing belt according to the manufacturer's recommended interval (if equipped).
► Suspension Components: Check and replace worn-out bushings, ball joints, and shocks.
► Electrical System: Inspect and clean battery terminals and check electrical connections.
► Exhaust System: Regularly inspect for leaks or damage and replace worn-out parts.
► Common Issues: Some common issues may include fuel pump failures, rust on body panels, and worn-out ball joints.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Follow the Manual: Adhere to the manufacturer's maintenance schedule outlined in the manual.
2. Quality Parts: Use genuine GMC parts or reputable aftermarket components for repairs.
3. Keep It Clean: Regularly wash and wax the truck to protect the paint and maintain its appearance.
4. Address Issues Promptly: Address any performance issues or unusual noises promptly to prevent further damage.
5. Garage Parking: Whenever possible, park the truck in a garage to protect it from the elements.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Upgrading the air intake and exhaust system for improved airflow and performance.
■ Installing a performance chip or ECU tune for enhanced engine power and responsiveness.
■ Adding a suspension lift kit for increased ground clearance and off-road capabilities.
■ Upgrading to aftermarket wheels and tires for improved aesthetics and performance.
■ Adding a tonneau cover or camper shell for increased cargo protection and storage.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Towing hitch and trailer wiring for towing trailers and other heavy loads.
+ Bed extender for increasing cargo capacity and securing items in the bed.
+ Roof racks or cargo carriers for additional storage space on top of the truck.
+ Bug deflector and window visors for protecting the truck's exterior from debris and rain.
+ Running boards or side steps for easier access to the cab and bed.
+ Performance exhaust systems for a more aggressive exhaust note and improved performance.
+ Cold air intakes and air filters for improved engine airflow and power.
+ LED light bars or auxiliary lights for enhanced visibility during nighttime off-road adventures.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
♦ The 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma is a reliable and practical pickup truck with a strong V6 engine.
♦ The compact size of the Sonoma makes it easy to maneuver in city traffic and parking lots.
♦ Some owners have reported issues with the fuel pump failing prematurely, leading to costly repairs.
♦ The Sonoma's off-road capabilities are impressive, especially with the ZR2 package.
♦ The extended cab model offers decent rear seating space, but legroom may be limited for taller passengers.
The GMC Sonoma Parts Catalog and Shop Manual are essential resources for GMC Sonoma pickup truck owners and enthusiasts alike. From engine specifications to maintenance tips and tuning options, this guide provides everything you need to keep your Sonoma running smoothly and exploring its full potential. Click the PayPal button now to access the detailed shop manual and repair guide in PDF format and unlock the secrets to maintaining your GMC Sonoma for years to come. Your download link for the authentic GMC parts list and shop handbook will be available on the checkout page following payment, and a payment confirmation email will be sent immediately.
For immediate access to the detailed shop manual and repair guide, click the green button to securely purchase and download the comprehensive PDF using PayPal. After completing the payment, the download link for the authentic GMC parts list and shop handbook will appear on the checkout page. Furthermore, you will receive an immediate payment confirmation via email.