If you want to fix your garden tractor, you may want to consider purchasing this John Deere 316, 318, 420 manual.
Specs / Product Details:
440 Pages in .PDF format
The following models are encompassed by this manual: 316, 318, 420, 300 Series / John Deere, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA
John Deere 316: M00316X285001-M00316X315000
John Deere 318: M00318X285001-M00318X475000
John Deere 420: M00420X285001-M00420X420000
Engine 316: Onan B43E, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled horizontal-shaft opposed twin, serial number 420000 onwards, 709 cc, 43.3 ci, 3.25x2.62 inches, 83 x 67 mm, 16 hp, 11.9 kW,
Engine 316: Onan P218G, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled horizontal-shaft opposed twin, serial number 420001, 781 cc, 47.7 ci, 3.25x2.88 inches, 83 x 73 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, NGK BPR5EFS, Champion RS14YC.
Engine 318: Onan B43G, gasoline, 2-cylinder, 4-valve, air-cooled, horizontal-shaft opposed twin, serial number M00318X420000, 709 cc, 43.3 ci, 3.25x2.62 inches, 83 x 67 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, 6.5:1, 1350-3450, JD AM38622, NGK BPR5EFS, Motorcraft AGRF32.
Engine 318: Onan P218, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, horizontal-shaft opposed twin, serial number M00318X420001 onwards, 781 cc, 47.7 ci, 3.25x2.88 inches, 83 x 73 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW, 7:1, 1350-3450, 31 lb-ft, 42.0 Nm, NGK BPR5EFS, Champion RS14YC.
Engine 420: Onan B48G, see above, horizontal-shaft opposed-twin, 781 cc, 47.7 ci, 3.25x2.875 inches, 83 x 73 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW, 7.0:1.
Production year(s): 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
Manual Language: English
Manual format: PDF / e-book (zip)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Comprehensive John Deere 316, 318, 420 Garden Tractor Manual/Parts List in PDF Format - Your Essential Resource for Repair, Maintenance, and Downloadable Knowledge"
Get your hands on the ultimate resource for maintaining and repairing your John Deere 316, 318, and 420 garden tractors. This comprehensive manual and parts list, available for download in PDF format, is designed to guide you through every aspect of owning and operating these reliable and versatile machines.
Engine Specifications/Technical Specs:
• The John Deere 316 is powered by a 16-horsepower, single-cylinder gasoline engine.
• The 318 model features a 2-cylinder, 18-horsepower gasoline engine.
• John Deere's 420 garden tractor is equipped with a 20-horsepower, 2-cylinder gasoline engine.
• All three models have an air-cooled, 4-cycle design.
• The 316, 318, and 420 models all utilize a mechanical governor to maintain engine speed.
• The engines in these tractors use a pressurized lubrication system.
• An automotive-style spin-on oil filter is used for all three models.
• The 316 model has a bore and stroke of 3.50 x 2.70 inches.
• The 318 model has a bore and stroke of 3.50 x 2.76 inches.
• The 420 model has a bore and stroke of 3.50 x 2.80 inches.
• All three models feature a dry-type air cleaner with a replaceable filter element.
• The 316, 318, and 420 tractors have a mechanical fuel pump.
• A carburetor is used for fuel delivery in each of these models.
• The 316, 318, and 420 models have a 12-volt electrical system.
• The charging system for these tractors is a regulated alternator.
• Each tractor uses an electric starter for easy starting.
• The tractors feature hydrostatic transmissions, providing infinite speed control.
• These models are equipped with power steering for easy maneuvering.
• All three tractors have hydraulic systems for powering attachments.
• The 316, 318, and 420 models feature differential locks for improved traction.
• The tractors have a Category 0, 3-point hitch for attaching implements.
• A power take-off (PTO) is available for powering attachments.
• The tractors are equipped with independent rear PTOs.
• The 316, 318, and 420 models have a wet disc braking system.
• Each model has a fuel tank capacity of 4.5 gallons.
• The tractors have a wheelbase of 46 inches.
• The 316, 318, and 420 models have a ground clearance of 5.5 inches.
• These tractors are designed with turf or agricultural tires for optimal performance.
• All three models feature a comfortable operator station with adjustable seat and controls.
• The tractors are built with a durable, fully welded frame for longevity and stability.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 316, 318, and 420 garden tractors were introduced in the late 1970s and 1980s.
- These tractors are known for their reliability and durability, making them popular choices for homeowners and landscapers alike.
- The 318 model, in particular, is considered one of the best garden tractors ever produced by John Deere.
- The 420 model features an Onan engine, which is renowned for its longevity and reliability.
- All three models are equipped with powerful engines and hydrostatic transmissions, providing excellent performance and ease of use.
- The tractors are designed with a strong, fully welded frame for durability and long-lasting use.
- The 316, 318, and 420 models are compatible with a wide range of attachments and implements, making them versatile machines for various tasks.
- These garden tractors are known for their smooth, comfortable ride and easy-to-use controls.
Press the "Buy Now" button to purchase your OEM John Deere 316, 318, 420 garden tractor manual from www.repairloader.com using PayPal's secure payment system.
Upon completing your payment, you'll promptly receive an email containing all the necessary download information for your original John Deere garden tractor repair guide. The download link will be displayed on the checkout page once your payment has been successfully processed. Be sure to download the manual within three days and save it for future reference.
Price: 24.99 USD