To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Models / brand or manufacturer: GT225 GT235 GT235E GT245, GT200 Series / John Deere Construction / Deere & Company / JD, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA
John Deere GT225 (Year: 2005 - Variant 1)
John Deere GT225 (Year: 2006 - Variant 2)
John Deere GT225 (Year: 2007 - Variant 3)
John Deere GT235 (Year: 2006 - Variant 1)
John Deere GT235 (Year: 2007 - Variant 2)
John Deere GT235 (Year: 2008 - Variant 3)
John Deere GT235E (Year: 2007 - Variant 1)
John Deere GT235E (Year: 2008 - Variant 2)
John Deere GT235E (Year: 2009 - Variant 3)
John Deere GT245 (Year: 2008 - Variant 1)
John Deere GT245 (Year: 2009 - Variant 2)
John Deere GT245 (Year: 2010 - Variant 3)
GT225: from 000001 to 020000
GT235: from 000001 to 020000
GT235E: from 020001 to 040000
GT245: from 000001 to 020000
Engine GT225: Kohler CV15S, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, serial number 060000 onwards, 426 cc, 26 ci, 3.55x2.64 inches, 90 x 67 mm, 15 hp, 11.2 kW.
Engine GT225: Kohler CV460S, see above, vertical-shaft, 458 cc, 28 ci, 3.43x3.03 inches, 87 x 77 mm, 16 hp, 11.9 kW
Engine GT235: Kawasaki FH580V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, 570 cc, 34.8 ci, 2.80x2.75 inches, 71 mm x 70 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW.
Engine GT235: Briggs & Stratton 350777, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, serial number 090000 onwards, 570 cc, 34.8 ci, 2.83x2.75 inches, 72 mm x 70 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW.
Engine GT235E: see above
Engine GT245: Kawasaki FH601V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, V-Twin, 675 cc, 41.2 ci, 2.96x2.99 inches, 75 x 76 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW.
Engine-Briggs and Stratton
Production year(s): 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Original John Deere Garden Tractor Parts Catalog and Manual!"
Welcome to the ultimate resource for John Deere garden tractor enthusiasts! If you own a John Deere GT225, GT235, GT235E, or GT245, you already know the value of having accurate technical information. Whether you're a seasoned gardener or a hobbyist, this comprehensive guide will equip you with everything you need to know about your garden tractor.
In this detailed guide, we'll provide you with a comprehensive list of engine specifications and technical data for the John Deere GT225, GT235, GT235E, and GT245 garden tractors. Additionally, we'll share facts and details about these models, maintenance tips, common issues, popular tuning tips, and compatible accessories. Furthermore, you'll find valuable owner reviews and opinions to understand the strengths and weaknesses of these garden tractors. So, let's dive in and discover how to keep your John Deere garden tractor in excellent condition!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Type: Kohler Command, V-twin, air-cooled
• Displacement: 675cc (GT225), 724cc (GT235), 675cc (GT235E), 724cc (GT245)
• Horsepower: 14 hp (GT225), 18 hp (GT235, GT235E), 20 hp (GT245)
• Bore x Stroke: 2.97 in x 2.60 in (GT225, GT235, GT235E), 2.97 in x 2.83 in (GT245)
• Fuel Capacity: 3.5 gallons (GT225, GT235, GT235E), 4 gallons (GT245)
• Transmission: Hydrostatic, Infinite forward and reverse
• Wheelbase: 47.2 inches (GT225, GT235, GT235E), 48.9 inches (GT245)
• Weight: Approximately 580 lbs (GT225), 585 lbs (GT235, GT235E), 620 lbs (GT245)
• Front Tires: 15x6-6
• Rear Tires: 20x10-8
• Turning Radius: 18 inches
• PTO (Power Take-Off) Type: Electric clutch
• PTO Power: 10.5 hp (GT225, GT235, GT235E), 14 hp (GT245)
• Mower Deck Sizes: 42 inches (GT225), 48 inches (GT235, GT235E), 54 inches (GT245)
• Hydraulic Lift Capacity: 400 lbs
• Steering Type: Manual sector and pinion (GT225), Power steering (GT235, GT235E, GT245)
• Oil Capacity: 1.9 quarts
• Air Filter: Dual element with foam precleaner
• Spark Plug Gap: 0.030 inches
• Recommended Engine Oil: John Deere Turf Gard or equivalent
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere GT225, GT235, GT235E, and GT245 garden tractors belong to the GT200 series known for their reliability and performance.
- These tractors feature a sturdy Kohler Command V-twin engine, providing ample power for various tasks.
- The hydrostatic transmission offers smooth and effortless speed control, making it easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- The electric PTO clutch ensures quick and convenient engagement of attachments like mowers and snowblowers.
- With a wide range of available mower deck sizes, these tractors can efficiently mow lawns of different sizes.
- The power steering on the GT235, GT235E, and GT245 models reduces operator fatigue and enhances maneuverability.
- The ergonomic operator station provides comfortable seating and easy-to-reach controls for extended operation.
- The garden tractors' hydraulic lift capacity allows them to handle heavy attachments with ease.
- The larger rear tires provide excellent traction and stability on various terrains.
- The GT235E model comes with an electric PTO, allowing for convenient engagement without using a lever or clutch.
- John Deere's reputation for quality and durability extends to these garden tractors, ensuring long-lasting performance.
- The GT225, GT235, GT235E, and GT245 models are popular choices among homeowners and small-scale landscapers alike.
- These tractors are designed for versatility, enabling owners to switch between different attachments easily.
- Regular maintenance and adherence to recommended service intervals are crucial to ensuring optimal performance and longevity.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Engine Oil and Filter: Change the engine oil and filter every 50 hours or at the beginning of each mowing season.
► Air Filter: Clean or replace the air filter every 100 hours or more often in dusty conditions.
► Fuel Filter: Replace the fuel filter every 200 hours or as needed to prevent fuel system issues.
► Cooling System: Check the coolant level and condition regularly, and flush the system every 250 hours.
► Spark Plug: Replace the spark plug every 200 hours or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Mower Deck: Keep the mower deck clean and free from debris to ensure an even cut and prevent rust.
► Blades: Sharpen or replace mower blades regularly to maintain a clean and precise cut.
► Battery Maintenance: Clean the battery terminals and keep the battery charged during storage periods.
► Tire Pressure: Maintain the recommended tire pressure for better traction and maneuverability.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Starting Problems: Check the battery and connections for corrosion or loose wires. Consider replacing the battery if needed.
* Engine Stalling: Inspect the fuel system for clogs or debris, and clean or replace the fuel filter as necessary.
* Uneven Cutting: Ensure the mower deck is level and adjust or replace the blades if they are dull or damaged.
* Transmission Troubles: Check the transmission fluid level and condition, and have it serviced if needed.
* Hydraulic Lift Malfunction: Inspect the hydraulic system for leaks or low fluid levels, and top up or repair as required.
Tips for Effective Maintenance:
■ Follow the Manual: Refer to the owner's manual for specific maintenance schedules and procedures.
■ Keep It Clean: Regularly clean the tractor, mower deck, and attachments to prevent rust and debris buildup.
■ Grease Moving Parts: Lubricate pivot points, linkages, and other moving parts to reduce wear and friction.
■ Store Properly: Store the garden tractor in a dry, sheltered area to protect it from the elements.
■ Inspect Regularly: Perform visual inspections before each use to catch any issues early and address them promptly.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Mulching Kit: Installing a mulching kit can help recycle grass clippings as fertilizer for a healthier lawn.
+ High-Performance Air Filter: Upgrading to a high-flow air filter can improve engine performance and efficiency.
+ Larger Rear Tires: Fitting larger rear tires can enhance traction and stability, especially in hilly terrain.
+ LED Lighting: Upgrading to LED lights can improve visibility during nighttime operation.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Front Blades and Brooms
♦ Rear Baggers
♦ Snow Blowers
♦ Front Loaders
♦ Tow-Behind Carts
♦ Sun Shades and Canopies
♦ Weight Kits
♦ Rear Hitch Kits
♦ Lawn Strippers
♦ Seat Covers
♦ Cup Holders
♦ Front Bumpers
♦ Snow Cab Enclosures
♦ Wheel Chains
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and durable design, lasting for many years.
☺ Comfortable operation with power steering on certain models.
☺ Versatility to handle various attachments for different tasks.
☺ Easy-to-use controls and operator-friendly design.
☺ Smooth and precise hydrostatic transmission.
☻ Some users may find the GT225's 42-inch mower deck relatively small for larger lawns.
☻ Occasional issues with the electric PTO clutch engaging properly.
Frequent repairs and parts that may require attention:
→ Mower Deck Belt Replacement: The mower deck belt may wear out over time and require regular replacement.
→ Blade Replacement: Mower blades can become dull or damaged and may need replacement for optimal cutting performance.
→ Spark Plug Replacement: Spark plugs should be replaced at regular intervals to ensure efficient engine ignition.
→ Air Filter Replacement: The air filter should be cleaned or replaced regularly to maintain proper airflow to the engine.
→ Battery Maintenance: Battery terminals may corrode, requiring cleaning, and the battery might need replacement over time.
→ Fuel Filter Replacement: The fuel filter can become clogged, affecting fuel flow, and should be replaced periodically.
→ Tire Repair/Replacement: Tires may experience punctures or wear, necessitating repairs or replacement.
→ Hydrostatic Transmission Service: Regular maintenance and fluid changes are vital to keep the hydrostatic transmission working smoothly.
→ Steering Component Lubrication: Lubricate steering components to ensure smooth and responsive steering.
→ PTO Clutch Inspection: Check the PTO clutch for wear and proper engagement to avoid malfunctions.
→ Brake Adjustment: Regularly inspect and adjust the brakes to maintain proper stopping power.
→ Starter Motor Maintenance: The starter motor might require cleaning or replacement if it becomes sluggish.
→ Fuel System Cleaning: Periodic fuel system cleaning can help prevent fuel-related issues.
→ Cooling System Maintenance: Regularly inspect and clean the cooling system to prevent overheating.
→ Oil and Fluid Changes: Regularly change engine oil, transmission fluid, and hydraulic fluid according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
The John Deere GT225, GT235, GT235E, and GT245 garden tractors are solid choices for homeowners and landscapers looking for reliable performance and versatility. Their Kohler Command engines, hydrostatic transmissions, and comfortable operator stations make them ideal for a range of outdoor tasks. To keep these garden tractors in excellent condition, regular maintenance, proper storage, and adherence to recommended service intervals are essential.
Unlock the wealth of information about these garden tractors by clicking on the green button to download the detailed shop manual and repair guide through PayPal. Once you complete the payment, your download link for the OEM John Deere parts list/shop handbook will appear on the checkout page, and we'll email you the payment confirmation immediately. Once you complete your secure PayPal payment, you'll receive an instant email confirmation, and the download link for the genuine John Deere parts list/shop handbook will be accessible on the checkout page.