To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is compatible with the following models: Suzuki Motor Corporation
1988 Suzuki LT250RJ
1989 Suzuki LT250RK
1990 Suzuki LT250RL
1991 Suzuki LT250RM
1992 Suzuki LT250RN
Engine: 246 cc, two-stroke,
Production/model years: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Manual: Explore Engine Specs and More for the 1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer"
Unleash the power and agility of the 1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer with a comprehensive manual that reveals engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, common issues, available accessories, and more. Whether you're an ATV enthusiast or a proud owner, this detailed guide will provide valuable insights to maximize performance, ensure proper maintenance, and enhance your off-road adventures. Get ready to dive into the world of the Suzuki LT250R Quadracer.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer is equipped with a liquid-cooled 246cc two-stroke engine, delivering exceptional power for off-road riding.
• This engine features a bore and stroke of approximately 67mm x 70mm, optimizing the balance between power and torque.
• The LT250R utilizes a Mikuni TM34SS carburetor, ensuring efficient fuel delivery and responsive throttle control.
• With a compression ratio of around 8.4:1, this engine offers strong low-end torque and impressive top-end power.
• The LT250R features a 6-speed transmission, allowing riders to find the perfect gear for various terrains and riding conditions.
• It is equipped with a multi-plate wet clutch, providing smooth engagement and durability.
• The ATV utilizes a chain drive system, efficiently transferring power to the rear wheels.
• The Suzuki LT250R Quadracer features a double-wishbone front suspension, offering excellent handling and suspension travel for off-road adventures.
• The rear suspension consists of a swingarm with a mono-shock, providing stability and responsive handling over rough terrains.
• The ATV is equipped with hydraulic disc brakes in the front and rear, delivering powerful stopping performance for enhanced safety.
• It features a wheelbase of approximately 49.2 inches, contributing to stability and maneuverability on various terrains.
• The LT250R has a ground clearance of around 4.3 inches, allowing it to navigate over obstacles and rough surfaces.
• It comes with front and rear tires measuring 20x6-10 and 19x10-9, respectively, offering excellent traction on different terrains.
• The ATV weighs approximately 348 pounds, making it lightweight and agile for quick acceleration and precise cornering.
• The fuel tank capacity for the LT250R is approximately 2.5 gallons, providing sufficient fuel for extended off-road rides.
• It features a kick-starter mechanism for easy engine ignition.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The Suzuki LT250R Quadracer is highly regarded for its impressive power-to-weight ratio, offering thrilling acceleration and high-speed capabilities.
- It gained popularity as a competitive racing ATV, with many riders appreciating its performance on motocross tracks and off-road trails.
- The LT250R's suspension setup and handling characteristics made it well-suited for jumps, corners, and challenging terrains.
- It featured an aggressive and sporty design, embodying Suzuki's commitment to performance and style.
- The LT250R Quadracer's engine was known for its responsiveness and the distinct sound of its two-stroke power delivery.
- It was equipped with a power valve system, optimizing power delivery throughout the RPM range for enhanced performance.
- The ATV's lightweight construction and nimble handling allowed riders to maneuver through tight trails and obstacles with ease.
- The LT250R's durability and reliability were praised by owners who utilized it for both recreational riding and competitive racing.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Regular maintenance intervals for the Suzuki LT250R Quadracer include changing the transmission oil every 10-15 hours of riding or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- The air filter should be cleaned and inspected regularly to prevent dust and debris from entering the engine.
- Routine chain maintenance, including cleaning, lubrication, and tension adjustment, is essential to prolong chain life and ensure proper power transfer.
- Regularly inspect and tighten all bolts and fasteners to maintain structural integrity and prevent loosening during rides.
- Common issues with the LT250R may include carburetor-related problems, such as clogged jets or improper tuning. Proper cleaning and adjustment can resolve these issues.
- Another common issue is excessive wear on the drive chain or sprockets, which can be mitigated by regular chain maintenance and replacement when necessary.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrading the exhaust system to a performance aftermarket option can enhance power delivery and improve overall performance.
- Installing a high-flow air filter and rejetting the carburetor can optimize airflow and fuel mixture for increased power output.
- Suspension upgrades, such as aftermarket shocks and springs, can enhance the ATV's handling and stability during aggressive riding.
Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Suzuki offers a range of genuine accessories for the LT250R Quadracer, including nerf bars, skid plates, and graphics kits.
Aftermarket options for the ATV include performance exhaust systems, aftermarket handlebars, and upgraded footpegs.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Owners of the 1987-1992 Suzuki LT250R Quadracer appreciate its powerful two-stroke engine and its ability to tackle challenging terrains with ease.
- The ATV's lightweight construction and nimble handling make it a joy to ride, allowing riders to navigate tight trails and corners confidently.
- Some owners have mentioned that the LT250R's stock suspension settings may require adjustments for specific riding styles and preferences.
- The ATV's aggressive design and sporty aesthetics receive positive feedback from owners who appreciate its appearance.
- Overall, owners regard the LT250R Quadracer as a reliable and high-performance ATV, suitable for both recreational riding and competitive racing.
To acquire your detailed shop handbook for Suzuki ATVs, simply purchase the PDF repair manual from RepairLoader using PayPal. Click the buy button to initiate the purchase.
After completing your secure payment via PayPal, the official Suzuki OEM shop manual/parts list download link will instantly appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you with all the necessary download information following the completion of your secure payment.