To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: YZF-R6 / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
1999 Yamaha YZF-R6
2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
2002 Yamaha YZF-R6
Engine: 599 cc (36.55 cubic inches), In-line four, four-stroke, 120.0 HP (87.6 kW) @ 13000 RPM, 68.0 Nm (6.9 kgf-m or 50.2 ft.lbs) @ 11500 RPM, 250.0 km/h (155.3 mph), 12.4:1, liquid cooled, 65.5 x 44.5 mm (2.6 x 1.8 inches), 6-speed.
Production year(s): 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Number of pages: 394
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Unleash Your Riding Potential with the Ultimate Sport Bike Manual Download"
Are you a passionate sport bike rider seeking to elevate your riding experience? Look no further! Dive into the world of sport bikes with our comprehensive guide. From engine specifications to maintenance tips, common issues to tuning suggestions, and a list of available accessories, this guide will enhance your knowledge and performance with the 1999-2002 Yamaha YZF-R6. Get ready to unleash the full power and agility of your sport bike!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 1999-2002 Yamaha YZF-R6 is equipped with a 599cc, liquid-cooled, inline-four engine.
• It features a DOHC (Dual Overhead Cam) configuration with four valves per cylinder.
• The engine delivers impressive power, producing around 108 horsepower and 44 lb-ft of torque.
• It utilizes Yamaha's proprietary YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) system for precise throttle response.
• The YZF-R6 has a six-speed manual transmission, allowing riders to shift gears smoothly and efficiently.
• It features a multi-plate clutch system for precise engagement and smooth gear changes.
• The sport bike utilizes fuel injection for optimal fuel delivery and performance.
• The YZF-R6 is equipped with an advanced aluminum frame for lightweight construction and enhanced handling.
• It features a fully adjustable suspension system, including front telescopic forks and a rear monoshock.
• The sport bike offers a twin-spar swingarm for improved stability and cornering performance.
• It is equipped with dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake for exceptional stopping power.
• The YZF-R6 rides on 17-inch alloy wheels fitted with high-performance tires for optimal grip and handling.
• It features aerodynamic bodywork, including a dual headlight design, to reduce drag and improve high-speed stability.
• The YZF-R6 has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 4.5 gallons (17 liters).
• It offers a seat height of around 32.3 inches (82 cm) for a sporty riding position.
• The sport bike has a wheelbase of approximately 54.3 inches (138 cm) for agility and stability.
• It features advanced instrumentation, including a digital speedometer, tachometer, and trip computer.
• The YZF-R6 has a dry weight of approximately 370 pounds (168 kg), making it lightweight and agile.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha YZF-R6 is renowned for its exceptional performance and handling, making it a favorite among sport bike enthusiasts.
- It offers a perfect balance of power, agility, and style, suitable for both street riding and track days.
- The YZF-R6 features advanced aerodynamics, inspired by Yamaha's MotoGP racing technology, to reduce wind resistance and improve stability at high speeds.
- It is known for its responsive and precise handling, allowing riders to carve through corners with confidence.
- The YZF-R6's inline-four engine delivers strong acceleration and a thrilling riding experience.
- The sport bike features a sleek and aggressive design, turning heads wherever it goes.
- It offers a comfortable riding position with a focus on rider ergonomics for extended riding sessions.
- The YZF-R6 comes with a high-quality suspension system that can be adjusted to suit different riding preferences and road conditions.
- Yamaha's attention to detail and build quality are evident in the fit and finish of the YZF-R6.
- The sport bike's compact size andnimble nature make it easy to maneuver in traffic and navigate tight corners.
- The YZF-R6 is equipped with advanced braking systems that provide excellent stopping power and control.
- Yamaha's commitment to rider safety is reflected in the YZF-R6's comprehensive set of safety features, including ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) on later models.
- It offers a strong aftermarket support, with a wide range of performance upgrades and accessories available to personalize and enhance the bike's performance and aesthetics.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual.
► Regularly change the engine oil and oil filter to maintain proper lubrication and prolong engine life.
► Inspect and clean the air filter regularly to ensure optimal airflow and engine performance.
► Check and adjust the chain tension regularly, and lubricate it to prevent premature wear.
► Monitor tire pressure and tread condition for optimal traction and safety.
► Keep the bike clean and free from debris to prevent damage to components and maintain its appearance.
► Perform regular inspections of brakes, suspension, and electrical systems for any signs of wear, damage, or loose connections.
► Consider storing the bike in a dry and covered area to protect it from the elements when not in use.
► Use high-quality fuel and follow fuel octane recommendations specified by the manufacturer.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Electrical issues, such as malfunctioning lights or faulty wiring connections, can arise. Carefully inspect the electrical system and wiring, ensuring all connections are secure.
* Overheating can occur in extreme riding conditions or due to a malfunctioning cooling system. Regularly check coolant levels and inspect the radiator for debris or blockage.
* Brake pad wear is a common issue due to the sport bike's high-performance braking system. Regularly check brake pad thickness and replace them when worn to ensure optimal braking performance.
* Suspension components, such as fork seals and shock absorbers, may require maintenance or replacement over time. Regularly inspect for leaks or signs of wear and consult a professional if necessary.
* Chain and sprocket wear is a common occurrence in sport bikes. Regularly clean, lubricate, and adjust the chain to prolong its life and ensure smooth power transfer.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Installing an aftermarket exhaust system can improve overall performance and provide a more aggressive sound.
■ Upgrading the air filter to a high-performance, reusable filter can improve airflow and throttle response.
■ Upgrading the suspension components, such as adjustable forks and rear shocks, can enhance the bike's handling and ride comfort.
■ Fitting the bike with performance-oriented tires can improve grip and traction in various riding conditions.
■ Adding a power commander or fuel mapping module can optimize fuel delivery and enhance throttle response.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
+ Slip-on or full exhaust systems from reputable aftermarket brands.
+ Adjustable levers for enhanced comfort and control.
+ Frame sliders or crash protectors for added protection in case of a fall or accident.
+ Upgraded brake pads and stainless steel brake lines for improved braking performance.
+ LED or integrated tail lights for a sleek and modern look.
+ Aftermarket rearsets or footpegs for customizable riding ergonomics.
+ Tank grips or traction pads for improved grip and control during aggressive riding.
+ Windshields or bubble screens for enhanced aerodynamics and wind protection.
+ Performance air filters and intake kits for increased airflow and engine performance.
+ Tail tidies or fender eliminators for a cleaner and more streamlined rear end appearance.
+ Steering dampers to enhance stability and reduce handlebar vibrations.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Powerful and exhilarating performance.
☺ Precise and responsive handling.
☺ Sleek and aggressive design.
☺ Comfortable riding position.
☺ Excellent braking capabilities.
☺ Strong aftermarket support for customization and upgrades.
☺ Versatility for both street and track riding.
☺ Reliable build quality and durability.
☻ Firm suspension may be less comfortable for long-distance touring.
☻ Limited storage options for carrying belongings.
☻ Requires regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts That Often Break:
→ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil changes, chain adjustments, and brake pad replacements.
→ Suspension component maintenance or replacements, including fork seals and shock absorbers.
→ Electrical system repairs or replacements, such as wiring harnesses or connectors.
→ Brake system maintenance, including fluid changes and rotor replacements.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements due to wear.
→ Cooling system maintenance, such as coolant changes and radiator cleanings.
→ Regular inspection and replacement of tires for optimal performance and safety.
Experience the Thrill with the Yamaha Overhaul PDF Manual, available for immediate download. Take your Yamaha sport bike to the next level with the comprehensive PDF manual, ready for instant download.
Your payment will grant you access to the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list for download on the checkout page. Rest assured, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for a seamless experience.