To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: Monster S2R 800, 800 Dark / Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.
Engine: 803.0 cc (49.00 cubic inches), Twin, four-stroke, 76.0 HP (55.5 kW) @ 9500 RPM, 74.0 Nm (7.5 kgf-m or 54.6 ft.lbs) @ 6500 RPM, 10.5:1, 2 valves per cylinder, 88.0 x 66.0 mm (3.5 x 2.6 inches), Marelli electronic fuel injection, 45 mm throttle body, 6-speed.
Production/model years: 2005, 2006, 2007
Manual Language: English and Italian
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get the Ultimate Naked Bike Experience with the Ducati Monster S2R 800: Maintain Your Ride and Download the PDF Manual Today!"
Experience the thrill of riding a naked bike like never before with the Ducati Monster S2R 800 and its dark variant, the 800 Dark. These iconic motorcycles, manufactured between 2005 and 2007, offer a perfect blend of performance, style, and Italian craftsmanship. In this comprehensive guide, we'll delve into the engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more, ensuring you have all the information you need to maintain and enhance your Ducati Monster S2R 800 or 800 Dark.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Monster S2R 800 is powered by an air-cooled, 803cc L-twin engine.
• It features a Desmodromic valve system, ensuring precise valve control for optimal performance.
• The engine produces a maximum power output of 77 horsepower (57 kW) at 8,250 RPM.
• With a torque output of 55.7 lb-ft (75.5 Nm) at 6,250 RPM, the Monster S2R 800 delivers exhilarating acceleration.
• It utilizes electronic fuel injection (EFI) for efficient and responsive throttle control.
• The bike features a six-speed gearbox, allowing smooth gear transitions for an engaging riding experience.
• The wet multi-plate clutch ensures smooth power delivery and easy operation.
• The Ducati Monster S2R 800 employs a chain final drive system.
• It comes with a trellis frame, providing excellent rigidity and handling characteristics.
• The front suspension consists of 43mm upside-down forks with adjustable preload and compression damping.
• At the rear, it features a Sachs monoshock with adjustable preload and rebound damping.
• The braking system includes twin 300mm discs with Brembo four-piston calipers at the front and a single 245mm disc with a two-piston caliper at the rear.
• The bike rides on 17-inch alloy wheels with a 3-spoke design.
• It has a wheelbase of 56.7 inches (1,440mm) and a seat height of 31.5 inches (800mm).
• The fuel tank capacity is 3.8 gallons (14.5 liters), providing a decent range for long rides.
• The dry weight of the Ducati Monster S2R 800 is 385 lbs (175 kg).
• It features a top speed of approximately 130 mph (209 km/h).
• The instrument cluster includes an analog tachometer, LCD display for speed, fuel level, and trip information.
• The bike comes equipped with Pirelli Diablo tires, offering excellent grip and stability.
• It features a dual exhaust system with a distinctive Ducati rumble, enhancing the overall auditory experience of the ride.
Facts and Details:
- The Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark share the same engine and most components, differing mainly in aesthetics.
- Both models offer a comfortable riding position suitable for both city commuting and spirited rides.
- The Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark embody the minimalist and aggressive design philosophy of the Monster family.
- These bikes are known for their impressive torque delivery, providing thrilling acceleration in any gear.
- Ducati equipped the S2R 800 with a single-sided swingarm, adding to the bike's visual appeal.
- The S2R 800 and 800 Dark boast a distinctively throaty exhaust note, enhancing the overall riding experience.
- Both models feature a twin-spar steel trellis frame, which provides excellent rigidity and handling characteristics.
- The Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark offer excellent maneuverability, allowing riders to navigate tight corners with confidence.
- These bikes are equipped with high-quality components such as Brembo brakes and Sachs suspension, ensuring superb stopping power and ride comfort.
- The S2R 800 and 800 Dark models have a unique, eye-catching design that turns heads wherever they go.
- The Ducati Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark are renowned for their reliability and durability, making them ideal choices for both seasoned riders and newcomers to the Ducati brand.
- With their lightweight and agile nature, these bikes excel in urban environments, allowing riders to easily weave through traffic.
- The Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark offer an engaging and involving riding experience, providing a sense of connection between the rider and the machine.
► Oil Change: Every 6,000 kilometers (3,700 miles) or 12 months, whichever comes first.
► Valve Clearance Check: Every 12,000 kilometers (7,500 miles) or 24 months.
► Timing Belt Replacement: Every 24,000 kilometers (15,000 miles) or 48 months.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Regularly clean and lubricate the chain to ensure smooth operation and prevent premature wear.
* Check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal handling and safety.
* Inspect brake pads and discs regularly for wear and replace as necessary.
* Keep the bike's air filter clean to maintain optimal engine performance.
* Ensure all electrical connections are secure and free from corrosion.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Stalling at Idle: This issue can be caused by a dirty idle control valve or a faulty fuel injector. Cleaning or replacing these components can resolve the problem.
■ Clutch Slipping: Over time, the clutch plates can wear, leading to slipping. Replacing the clutch plates and ensuring proper adjustment can solve this issue.
■ Electrical Gremlins: Loose or corroded electrical connections can cause intermittent issues. Inspecting and cleaning the connections can often resolve electrical problems.
■ Starting Issues: A weak battery or a faulty starter motor can lead to starting difficulties. Checking the battery's charge and testing the starter motor can help identify and fix the problem.
■ Overheating: Insufficient coolant or a malfunctioning cooling system can cause the engine to overheat. Regularly checking coolant levels and maintaining the cooling system can prevent overheating.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option can enhance the bike's sound and improve power delivery.
+ Installing a performance air filter and tuning the fuel injection system can optimize the engine's air-fuel mixture, resulting in improved throttle response and power output.
+ Upgrading the suspension components, such as replacing the rear shock or installing adjustable forks, can enhance the bike's handling and comfort.
+ Adding a Power Commander or similar fuel management system can allow for fine-tuning of the engine's fuel injection mapping, optimizing performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
♦ Carbon fiber bodywork and accessories, including tank covers, fenders, and exhaust heat shields, for a sporty and lightweight appearance.
♦ Tail tidy kits and LED indicators for a sleeker and more modern look.
♦ Upgraded brake pads and steel-braided brake lines for improved braking performance.
♦ Adjustable levers for personalized comfort and ergonomics.
♦ Windshields and fairings for increased wind protection during long rides.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths of the Ducati Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark:
☺ Impressive torque delivery, providing exhilarating acceleration.
☺ Aggressive and eye-catching design that turns heads.
☺ Excellent handling and maneuverability, ideal for urban riding.
☺ Reliability and durability, suitable for both seasoned riders and newcomers to Ducati.
Weaknesses of the Ducati Monster S2R 800 and 800 Dark:
☻ Limited storage space, common for naked bikes.
☻ Firm suspension may not suit riders seeking a plush ride.
☻ Higher maintenance costs compared to some other motorcycle brands.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Routine oil and filter changes.
→ Chain maintenance, including cleaning and lubrication.
→ Brake pad replacement.
→ Tire replacement as needed.
→ Regular valve clearance checks and adjustments.
Parts That Often Break:
→ Clutch cables may wear and fray over time.
→ Spark plugs can degrade and require replacement.
→ Brake pads and discs can wear down with regular use and require replacement.
→ Chain and sprockets may wear and need replacement after a certain mileage.
Download the comprehensive shop handbook for your Ducati by clicking on the green button. Once your payment is complete, the official Ducati OEM shop manual/parts list will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.