To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is compatible with the following models: SuperSport 800 / Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.
2006 Ducati SuperSport 800
Engine: 803.0 cc (49 cubic inches), V2, four-stroke, 74.5 HP (54.4 kW) @ 8250 RPM, 70.0 Nm (7.1 kgf-m or 51.6 ft.lbs) @ 6250 RPM, 10.5:1, 88.0 x 66.0 mm (3.5 x 2.6 inches), 2 valves per cylinder, air cooled, Desmodromic valve control, 6-speed.
Production/model years: 2006
Manual Language: English / Italian
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Fix Ducati SuperSport 800 Issues with the Comprehensive PDF Manual"
Solve any issues with your Ducati SuperSport 800 effortlessly by accessing the comprehensive PDF manual. This invaluable resource provides detailed engine specifications, technical data, and expert guidance to address common problems and keep your bike running smoothly. In this article, we delve into the engine specifications, key features, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, available accessories, owner reviews, and more for the 2006 Ducati SuperSport 800. Discover how to optimize your riding experience with this iconic sport bike.
• The 2006 Ducati SuperSport 800 is powered by a 803cc, air-cooled, L-twin engine.
• It delivers an output of approximately 75 horsepower, providing exhilarating performance for sport riding.
• The engine features Desmodromic valve actuation, ensuring precise valve control and improved power delivery.
• The SuperSport 800 utilizes electronic fuel injection (EFI) for efficient fuel delivery and optimal throttle response.
• The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission, allowing for smooth and precise gear shifts.
• The bike features a dry clutch system, providing a distinctive Ducati sound and precise engagement.
• It comes equipped with an electric starter for convenient and reliable ignition.
• The SuperSport 800 utilizes a steel trellis frame for excellent rigidity and stability.
• It features a telescopic front fork and a rear monoshock suspension, providing a balance between comfort and sporty handling.
• The bike is equipped with Brembo brakes for exceptional stopping power and control.
• The fuel tank capacity for the SuperSport 800 is approximately 16 liters, allowing for extended riding distances.
• The bike has a wheelbase of approximately 1,410mm, contributing to its stable handling characteristics.
• It offers a seat height of around 800mm, providing a comfortable riding position for most riders.
• The SuperSport 800 complies with applicable emission standards, ensuring environmental friendliness.
Facts and Details:
• The 2006 Ducati SuperSport 800 is a sport-oriented motorcycle known for its agile handling and thrilling performance.
• It features an iconic Ducati design with a combination of sharp lines and flowing curves.
• The SuperSport 800 offers a balanced riding experience, suitable for both spirited rides and long-distance journeys.
• It comes with a full fairing for improved aerodynamics and wind protection, enhancing the riding experience.
• The bike offers a comfortable riding position with a slight forward lean, allowing for precise control and confidence.
• The SuperSport 800 features a classic round headlight design, adding to its timeless appeal.
• It is equipped with a comprehensive instrument cluster, providing essential information such as speed, RPM, fuel level, and more.
• Owners appreciate the Ducati Desmodromic valve system, which contributes to the bike's high-revving performance and distinctive sound.
• The SuperSport 800's responsive throttle and smooth power delivery make it enjoyable to ride in various road conditions.
• Some riders mention that the bike's narrow profile and lightweight nature make it easy to maneuver in urban traffic.
• The Ducati SuperSport 800's braking performance is praised for its strong stopping power and excellent feel.
• Owners note that regular maintenance and proper care are crucial for optimal performance and longevity.
• The SuperSport 800 is often regarded as a collector's item, representing the iconic Ducati brand heritage.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual for regular maintenance intervals.
► Regularly check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal handling, performance, and tire longevity.
► Perform oil and filter changes as recommended by Ducati, typically every 7,500 kilometers or once a year, whichever comes first.
► Inspect and adjust the chain tension regularly, ensuring proper lubrication and alignment.
► Keep the bike clean, particularly after riding in wet or dirty conditions, to prevent debris from causing damage to vital components.
► Check the brake fluid level and condition regularly, and replace it according to Ducati's recommended intervals.
► Regularly inspect and clean the air filter to maintain optimal engine performance.
Common issues with the SuperSport 800 may include:
* Electrical issues, such as faulty wiring or sensor problems, which may require diagnosis and repair.
* Clutch-related issues, such as slipping or dragging, may require adjustment or replacement of clutch components.
* Fuel system issues, such as clogged injectors or fuel pump problems, can affect performance. Regular inspection and cleaning are recommended.
* Suspension components, such as fork seals or rear shock absorbers, may require inspection and replacement to maintain optimal ride quality.
* Regular inspection and maintenance of the bike's braking system, including brake pads, rotors, and fluid, are crucial for safe operation.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the 2006 Ducati SuperSport 800:
■ Installing a performance exhaust system can enhance the bike's sound and improve exhaust flow for a slight power increase.
■ Upgrading the air filter and tuning the fuel injection system can optimize the bike's performance and throttle response.
■ Adding aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable forks or rear shocks, can improve handling and comfort.
■ Upgrading to lighter wheels can reduce unsprung weight and improve acceleration and handling characteristics.
■ Installing aftermarket brake pads or upgrading to a high-performance braking system can enhance stopping power and feel.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
+ Aftermarket exhaust systems: Enhance performance and sound.
+ Tail tidy kits: Provide a cleaner and more streamlined look for the rear end of the bike.
+ Frame sliders: Protect the bike's frame and fairings in the event of a fall or accident.
+ Tank grips: Improve rider control and grip during aggressive riding.
+ Windshields or screens: Offer improved wind protection for long-distance riding.
+ Carbon fiber accessories: Enhance the bike's appearance with lightweight and sporty carbon fiber components.
+ LED lighting upgrades: Improve visibility and enhance the bike's aesthetics.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Strengths and Weaknesses:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the SuperSport 800's precise handling and agility, allowing for confident cornering and spirited rides.
☺ Strengths: The bike's Desmodromic valve system and overall engine performance are highly regarded by riders.
☺ Strengths: The SuperSport 800's distinctive Ducati design and timeless styling receive praise from owners.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mention that the bike's narrow seat and limited padding may not be as comfortable for long rides.
☻ Weaknesses: Ducati's reputation for high maintenance costs and complex servicing is cited by some owners.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts that Often Break:
→ Regular maintenance, including oil and filter changes, should be carried out as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
→ Electrical issues, such as faulty wiring or sensor problems, may require diagnosis and repair.
→ Clutch adjustments or replacements may be necessary if slipping or dragging occurs.
→ Fuel system repairs, such as cleaning or replacing fuel injectors, may be required to address performance issues.
→ Suspension components, including fork seals or rear shocks, may need inspection and replacement to maintain optimal ride quality.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of the braking system, including brake pads and rotors, are crucial for safe operation.
→ Regular chain maintenance, including cleaning, lubrication, and tension adjustments, is necessary for proper power transmission.
→ Seek professional assistance from Ducati-authorized service centers for complex repairs or diagnostics.
Gain access to the comprehensive Ducati SuperSport 800 shop manual by simply clicking the download button. Unlock the knowledge to maintain your Ducati SuperSport 800 with ease by downloading the complete shop manual. Upon completing your payment, the checkout page will display the download link for the official Ducati OEM shop manual and parts catalog. Additionally, we will immediately email you with the payment and download information.