To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Prairie 400 / Kawasaki Motorcycle & Engine Company
1997 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-A1)
1998 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-A2)
1998 Kawasaki Prairie 400 2x4 (KVF400-B1)
1999 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-C1)
1999 Kawasaki Prairie 400 2x4 (KVF400-D1)
2000 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-C2)
2000 Kawasaki Prairie 400 2x4 (KVF400-D2)
2001 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-C3)
2001 Kawasaki Prairie 400 2x4 (KVF400-D3)
2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4x4 (KVF400-C4)
2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 2x4 (KVF400-D4)
Engine: 391cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, 81 mm x 76 mm
Production year(s): 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Number of pages: 530
Manual Language: English
"Troubleshoot Your ATV with the Ultimate Manual Download"
When it comes to ATV maintenance and repairs, having the right resources at your disposal is essential. That's why we are thrilled to present you with an opportunity to download a comprehensive troubleshooting manual for your ATV. This manual is your go-to guide for diagnosing and resolving issues with the 1997-2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 series. With step-by-step instructions, detailed diagrams, and expert tips, this manual will empower you to tackle any ATV problem with confidence. Get ready to enhance your ATV ownership experience and keep your Kawasaki Prairie 400 running smoothly for years to come.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is powered by a liquid-cooled, 391cc, single-cylinder engine.
• It features a 4-stroke, SOHC (Single Overhead Cam) configuration.
• The engine employs a Mikuni BSR33 carburetor for efficient fuel delivery.
• The bore and stroke dimensions of the engine are 82.0mm x 71.2mm.
• The compression ratio of the engine is 9.3:1.
• It utilizes an electric starter for convenient and reliable ignition.
• The engine is equipped with an oil cooling system to maintain optimal operating temperature.
• It has a maximum power output of approximately 28 horsepower.
• The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series features a 4-wheel drive system for enhanced traction and maneuverability.
• The ATV is equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) for smooth power delivery.
• It has a dual-range transfer case, allowing for easy shifting between low and high gear ratios.
• The fuel capacity of the Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is approximately 14 liters.
• It features a front suspension with MacPherson struts and a rear suspension with swingarm and single shock.
• The ATV is equipped with hydraulic disc brakes on the front and rear wheels for reliable stopping power.
• It has a wheelbase of approximately 1,250mm and a ground clearance of around 250mm.
• The total weight of the ATV is approximately 300 kilograms.
• The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series comes with a towing capacity of approximately 385 kilograms.
• It features a front rack with a maximum weight capacity of around 40 kilograms and a rear rack with a maximum weight capacity of approximately 80 kilograms.
• The ATV is fitted with 25-inch tires for excellent traction and durability.
• The overall length of the Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is approximately 2,140mm.
Facts and Details:
- The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series was produced by Kawasaki Motors Corporation between 1997 and 2002.
- It belongs to the mid-size ATV category and is designed for recreational and utility purposes.
- The ATV features a rugged and durable construction, capable of handling various terrains and tasks.
- It offers a comfortable riding experience with ergonomic seating and handlebar placement.
- The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is known for its reliability and longevity, making it a popular choice among ATV enthusiasts.
- It is equipped with a comprehensive instrument cluster that provides essential information to the rider.
- The ATV features a robust chassis and suspension system, allowing for smooth and stable handling.
- It offers ample storage space with front and rear racks for carrying equipment, supplies, or cargo.
- The Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is available in multiple variants, including different trim levels and special editions.
- It is designed to provide excellent off-road performance and can handle a variety of tasks, from trail riding to hauling.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Kawasaki Prairie 400 series include engine oil changes every 50 hours of operation or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Air filter cleaning or replacement should be performed regularly to ensure proper air intake and engine performance.
► Inspect and adjust the drive belt tension periodically to maintain optimal performance.
► Grease all fittings and pivot points at recommended intervals to ensure smooth operation.
► Keep the ATV's cooling system clean and free from debris to prevent overheating.
► Check the tire pressure regularly and adjust as needed for optimal traction and handling.
► Common issues that may arise include carburetor problems, electrical system malfunctions, and drive belt wear.
► Carburetor issues can often be resolved by cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor and ensuring proper fuel flow.
► Electrical system problems may require inspecting and repairing faulty wiring connections or replacing damaged components.
► Drive belt wear is a common issue that can be addressed by replacing the belt with a new one and ensuring proper tension.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Installing an aftermarket exhaust system can enhance the ATV's power and improve exhaust flow.
* Upgrading the air filter to a high-performance or reusable filter can improve airflow and increase engine performance.
* Adding a snorkel kit can allow the ATV to safely traverse water obstacles without damaging the engine.
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks or springs, can improve the ATV's off-road capabilities and ride comfort.
Comprehensive List of Accessories and Attachments for the Kawasaki Prairie 400 series:
The 1997-2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 series is compatible with various accessories and attachments, including but not limited to:
■ Front and rear cargo racks
■ Gun racks
■ Brush guards
■ Skid plates
■ LED light bars
■ Hitch receivers
■ Storage boxes and bags
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Reliable performance, durable construction, excellent off-road capabilities, ample storage options.
☻ Weaknesses: Some users report a slightly stiff ride on rough terrains, limited top speed.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages:
→ Drive belt
→ Carburetor components
→ Electrical connectors
→ Brake pads
→ Suspension bushings
→ Wheel bearings
→ Starter motor
Retrieve the comprehensive shop handbook in PDF format for your Kawasaki ATV. Click the button to retrieve the PDF manual for your Kawasaki ATV. Once the payment is completed, your download link for the official Kawasaki OEM shop manual and parts list will be displayed on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately send you an email confirming your payment.