To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Caravan / Dodge Chrysler
Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Front-engine, all-wheel drive
Production year(s): 2003
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Headline: "Get Your 2003 Dodge Caravan Repairs Done Right with a Downloadable Manual"
Looking to keep your 2003 Dodge Caravan in top shape? Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a professional mechanic, having access to a comprehensive repair manual can make all the difference. With our unique offering, you can now download a detailed shop handbook for the 2003 Dodge Caravan, providing you with the engine specs, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and much more. Let's dive into the specifications, facts, maintenance details, and repair insights for this iconic minivan.
Engine Specifications/Technical Specifications:
• The 2003 Dodge Caravan is equipped with a 3.3-liter V6 engine.
• It delivers a power output of 180 horsepower and 210 lb-ft of torque.
• The engine features a 4-speed automatic transmission.
• Fuel efficiency ranges from 17 miles per gallon in the city to 24 miles per gallon on the highway.
• The Caravan comes with front-wheel drive (FWD) for enhanced handling.
• It has a fuel tank capacity of 20 gallons.
• The minivan offers seating for up to seven passengers.
• The 2003 Caravan has a maximum towing capacity of 3,800 pounds.
• It features MacPherson strut front suspension and twist-beam rear suspension.
• The braking system includes front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
• The turning circle diameter is approximately 39.4 feet.
• The curb weight of the 2003 Caravan ranges from 3,797 pounds to 4,165 pounds, depending on the trim level.
• The minivan rides on 15-inch wheels.
• It has a wheelbase of 113.3 inches.
• The overall length of the 2003 Caravan is 189.1 inches.
• It has a width of 78.6 inches (excluding mirrors).
• The height of the minivan is 68.9 inches.
• The cargo capacity with all seats in place is 15.3 cubic feet.
• Folding the third-row seats increases the cargo capacity to 48.3 cubic feet.
• Folding both the second and third-row seats provides a maximum cargo capacity of 167.9 cubic feet.
• The maximum payload capacity of the 2003 Caravan is 1,400 pounds.
• It comes with a 600-amp maintenance-free battery.
• The front suspension includes gas-charged shock absorbers for improved ride quality.
• The steering system is power-assisted rack-and-pinion.
• The 2003 Caravan offers a variety of trim levels, including SE, Sport, and ES.
Facts and Details:
- The 2003 Caravan introduced an available overhead rail system, allowing for flexible storage options.
- Dual sliding doors were standard on all trim levels of the 2003 Caravan.
- The Caravan was one of the pioneers of the modern minivan segment and played a significant role in popularizing the concept.
- The Caravan's spacious interior and versatile seating configurations made it a popular choice for families.
- In terms of safety, the 2003 Caravan offered options such as side airbags and traction control.
- The 2003 Caravan featured an available rear-seat video entertainment system to keep passengers entertained on long journeys.
- The Caravan's smooth ride and comfortable seating made it a practical and enjoyable choice for road trips.
- Dodge offered various optional features, including a power driver's seat, leather upholstery, and a power sliding door.
- The 2003 Caravan was well-received for its value for money and reliability in its class.
- This generation of Caravan received positive reviews for its easy maneuverability and good visibility.
- The Caravan's design prioritized functionality and practicality, with features like removable seats and ample storage compartments.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
- Oil changes are recommended every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, or as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Regularly check and replace the engine air filter to maintain optimal performance.
- Inspect the serpentine belt and replace it if signs of wear or damage are present.
- Flush and refill the cooling system every 30,000 to 60,000 miles.
- Keep an eye on the transmission fluid level and condition, and perform a transmission fluid change as advised.
Common issues with the 2003 Dodge Caravan include faulty power sliding doors, transmission problems, and electrical issues. Solutions may involve replacing faulty components, recalibrating systems, or addressing wiring problems. It's recommended to consult the repair manual for specific troubleshooting steps.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Upgrading the exhaust system can improve performance and enhance the Caravan's sound.
Installing a cold air intake can increase airflow to the engine, resulting in improved throttle response and power.
Upgrading the suspension with aftermarket components can enhance handling and stability.
Upgrading the braking system with high-performance rotors and pads can improve stopping power.
Adding a performance chip or programmer can optimize the engine's fuel and ignition curves for better performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Roof rack for additional cargo-carrying capacity.
All-weather floor mats to protect the interior from dirt and spills.
DVD entertainment system for rear-seat passengers.
Trailer hitch for towing needs.
Upgraded audio systems and speakers for enhanced sound quality.
Remote start systems for added convenience.
Custom wheels and tires for a personalized look.
Owner Reviews and Opinions (Strengths and Weaknesses):
☺ Spacious interior with versatile seating configurations.
☺ Smooth ride and comfortable seating.
☺ Good visibility and easy maneuverability.
☺ Value for money and reliability.
☺ Ample cargo space with the ability to fold seats for increased capacity.
☻ Power sliding doors can be prone to malfunctions.
☻ Some reported transmission issues.
☻ Certain electrical problems may arise.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Power sliding door repairs.
→ Transmission repairs or replacements.
→ Electrical system repairs.
Click the green button to initiate the PDF troubleshooting guide download for your Dodge from the RepairLoader marketplace, and conveniently complete your purchase via PayPal. Upon completing your PayPal payment, the detailed shop manual and parts list for your official Dodge OEM download will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, you will receive an immediate email containing all payment and download information.