To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: 240 and 250 / John Deere Construction / Deere & Company
John Deere 240 Skid Steer Loader
John Deere 250 Skid Steer Loader
Engine 240 specs: 3029D, 179cu in, 3 cylinders, Gross Power 53hp, Net Power 51hp, 2400rpm.
Engine 250 specs: 3029T, 179cu in, 3 cylinders, 64.4hp, 61hp, 2400rpm.
Publication number: TM1747
Serial numbers or parts numbers: (100100 -)
John Deere 240 skid steer loader - from 0 90001
John Deere 250 skid steer loader - from 0 85001
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download Your Skid Steer Loader Manual for John Deere 240 and 250 Now!"
Are you the proud owner of a John Deere 240 or 250 skid steer loader? Whether you're a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast, having access to a comprehensive manual is crucial for the maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting of your machine. We've got you covered with a wide range of technical specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, and more for the John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loader models. Get ready to maximize the performance and longevity of your equipment. Let's dive into the details!
• The John Deere 240 skid steer loader is powered by a Yanmar diesel engine with a displacement of 2.2 liters and a net power output of 62 horsepower.
• The John Deere 250 skid steer loader features a Yanmar diesel engine with a displacement of 2.2 liters and a net power output of 78 horsepower.
• Both models offer a rated operating capacity of 1,500 pounds and a tipping load capacity of 3,858 pounds.
• The operating weight of the John Deere 240 is approximately 6,205 pounds, while the 250 model weighs around 6,970 pounds.
• These skid steer loaders have a maximum travel speed of 7.1 miles per hour in forward and reverse.
• The hydraulic system delivers a flow rate of 17.5 gallons per minute for efficient attachment operation.
• The lifting height of the John Deere 240 is up to 118 inches, while the 250 model can reach a height of 120 inches.
• Both models offer a ground clearance of 7.5 inches and a bucket breakout force of 4,050 pounds.
• The overall length of the John Deere 240 is approximately 127.8 inches, and the 250 model measures around 137.2 inches.
• These skid steer loaders have a turning radius of 79.7 inches, allowing for maneuverability in tight spaces.
• The fuel tank capacity of the John Deere 240 is 15.9 gallons, while the 250 model has a capacity of 18.5 gallons.
• The John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loaders are equipped with a hydrostatic transmission for smooth and precise operation.
• Both models feature an open operator station with ergonomic controls and excellent visibility for operator comfort and safety.
• The John Deere 240 and 250 offer a variety of attachments, including buckets, forks, grapples, augers, and more, to enhance versatility.
• These skid steer loaders come with standard auxiliary hydraulics, allowing for easy attachment connections and operation.
• The machines are equipped with rugged tires suitable for various terrains, providing traction and stability.
• Both models are designed with a robust frame and durable components to withstand demanding work conditions.
• The John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loaders feature quick and convenient access to engine compartments and service points for maintenance and inspections.
• The machines are equipped with advanced safety features, such as ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) and seat belts, to ensure operator protection.
• Both models have a comprehensive diagnostics system to monitor engine performance, hydraulic functions, and other vital parameters.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 240 and 250 models are known for their reliable performance and durability, making them popular choices in theconstruction and agricultural industries.
- The Yanmar diesel engines used in these skid steer loaders are renowned for their fuel efficiency and low emissions.
- The compact size of the John Deere 240 and 250 allows for easy maneuverability and operation in confined spaces.
- These models are designed with a low center of gravity and excellent stability, ensuring safe and efficient operation on uneven terrain.
- The spacious and ergonomic operator station of the John Deere 240 and 250 provides a comfortable working environment for extended hours.
- The hydrostatic transmission system offers smooth and precise control, allowing operators to easily adjust speed and direction.
- The John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loaders have a high lifting capacity, enabling efficient material handling and loading.
- The quick-attach mounting system allows for fast and effortless attachment changes, increasing productivity on the job site.
- The machines' excellent visibility and responsive controls make them easy to operate for operators of all skill levels.
- The John Deere 240 and 250 are designed with durability in mind, featuring reinforced components and robust construction.
- These skid steer loaders are known for their minimal downtime and easy maintenance, resulting in increased productivity.
- The comprehensive diagnostics system enables quick troubleshooting and minimizes downtime in case of any issues.
- The John Deere 240 and 250 models have a strong resale value, thanks to their reputation for reliability and performance.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for these skid steer loaders include engine oil and filter changes every 250 hours, hydraulic oil and filter changes every 500 hours, and fuel filter replacements every 1,000 hours.
► Check and adjust the tension of the drive belt regularly to ensure proper operation of the auxiliary systems.
► Keep the air filters clean and replace them if they are excessively dirty or damaged.
► Inspect the tires for wear and damage, and maintain proper inflation pressure for optimal performance.
► Grease all fittings as recommended by the manufacturer to prevent premature wear and ensure smooth operation.
► Common issues may include hydraulic leaks, which can be addressed by inspecting and replacing damaged hoses or seals.
► Electrical problems, such as faulty connections or damaged wiring, may require troubleshooting and repair by a qualified technician.
► Regularly inspect the loader arms and bucket for any signs of wear or damage, and replace any worn-out parts promptly.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading to heavy-duty tires or tracks can enhance traction and stability in challenging terrains.
* Adding a rear counterweight can improve the skid steer loader's balance and lifting capacity.
* Installing LED work lights or additional lighting options can improve visibility during nighttime or low-light operations.
* Upgrading the bucket to a larger size or specialized design can enhance productivity and efficiency in specific applications.
* Installing auxiliary hydraulics for additional attachment options can increase the versatility of the skid steer loader.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Various bucket options, such as general-purpose, multi-purpose, or high-capacity buckets, for different material handling needs.
■ Pallet forks for lifting and moving palletized loads with ease.
■ Grapple attachments for handling logs, brush, or other bulky materials.
■ Auger attachments for drilling holes in various soil types.
■ Hydraulic breakers for demolition and concrete breaking applications.
■ Snow removal attachments, such as snow blades or snow blowers, for winter maintenance tasks.
■ Landscape and construction attachments, including trenchers, sweepers, and soil conditioners, for specialized applications.
■ Cab enclosures and heater kits for enhanced operator comfort in cold or inclement weather.
■ Backup cameras or rearview mirrors for improved visibility and safety during operations.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Owners of the John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loaders often praise their reliability, durability, and overall performance in various working conditions.
☺ The machines are known for their smooth operation, excellent maneuverability, and precise controls, making them easy to operate.
☺ The spacious and comfortable operator station receives positive feedback for its ergonomic design and good visibility.
☺ The quick-attach system is appreciated by owners for its convenience and time-saving when switching between attachments.
☺ Many users find the John Deere 240 and 250 skid steer loaders to have low maintenance requirements and excellent resale value.
☺ The machines' powerful engines and high lifting capacities are valued for their ability to handle demanding tasks efficiently.
☻ Some owners have reported occasional issues with hydraulic leaks, which may require repairs or replacements of hoses or seals.
☻ A few users have mentioned that the factory lighting on these models could be improved for better visibility in low-light conditions.
☻ Some operators have expressed the desire for more customization options or factory-installed features specific to their application needs.
Repairs Frequently Needed and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Hydraulic hose replacements due to wear, damage, or leaks.
→ Belt replacements or adjustments for proper functioning of auxiliary systems.
→ Tire replacements or repairs for worn or damaged tires.
→ Seals and gasket replacements to address hydraulic or engine leaks.
→ Fuel filter replacements for optimal engine performance.
→ Electrical system repairs for issues such as faulty connections or wiring problems.
→ Bucket or attachment pin replacements due to wear or breakage.
Click the green button to instantly access the detailed shop handbook for John Deere skid steer loaders through a downloadable PDF manual. Once your payment is complete, the official John Deere OEM shop manual/parts list for your selected skid steer loader model will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.