To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: Bear Tracker YFM250, Bear Tracker 250 XL, Bear Tracker XL C
1998 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
1999 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
2000 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
2001 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
2002 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
2003 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250
Engine: 250 cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, single-cylinder SOHC, 71 x 58 mm (2.79 — 2.28 inches),
YFM250XN Supplementary Service Manual
YFM250XP Supplementary Service Manual
Model or production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get a Repair Manual in PDF Format for Your Yamaha Bear Tracker ATV - Unlock the Secrets to Maintaining Your Vehicle"
If you own a Yamaha Bear Tracker ATV from the years 1998 to 2004 and are in need of a reliable resource for repair and maintenance, look no further. Now, you can easily obtain a comprehensive repair manual in PDF format that will provide you with the knowledge and guidance to keep your Yamaha Bear Tracker running smoothly. This detailed guide is your key to understanding the engine specifications, technical data, and essential information about the 1998-2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250, 250 XL.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha Bear Tracker YFM250, 250 XL ATV is powered by a 229cc air-cooled, four-stroke engine.
• It features a single-cylinder configuration with an overhead camshaft (OHC).
• The engine displacement is 229cc, providing a balance of power and maneuverability.
• Bore x Stroke: 71.0 mm x 58.7 mm.
• Compression Ratio: 8.6:1.
• The Bear Tracker utilizes a reliable electric starter for easy ignition.
• It has a carbureted fuel system to deliver fuel to the engine efficiently.
• The ATV features a 5-speed manual transmission for smooth gear shifting.
• The overall length of the Bear Tracker is approximately 1,900 mm.
• Overall width: 1,015 mm.
• Overall height: 1,090 mm.
• Ground clearance: 180 mm.
• The wheelbase measures approximately 1,180 mm.
• The front suspension consists of independent double wishbone with 160 mm of travel.
• The rear suspension features a swingarm with a single shock absorber offering 180 mm of travel.
• Front brakes: Dual hydraulic drums.
• Rear brakes: Mechanical drum.
• The Bear Tracker ATV has a total dry weight of approximately 207 kg.
• The fuel tank capacity is 9.7 liters.
• The Bear Tracker is equipped with 22x7-10 front tires and 22x10-9 rear tires for optimal traction.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Bear Tracker ATV was designed as a versatile and rugged machine suitable for various off-road adventures.
- It is known for its reliable performance and ease of maintenance, making it a popular choice among ATV enthusiasts.
- The Bear Tracker features a sturdy chassis and suspension system, providing excellent stability and maneuverability on rough terrains.
- It offers a comfortable and ergonomic seating position, ensuring a pleasant riding experience even during long journeys.
- The ATV is equipped with durable front and rear racks, allowing users to carry cargo and supplies easily.
- The Bear Tracker boasts a simple and user-friendly design, making it suitable for riders of all skill levels.
- It is equipped with Yamaha's Ultramatic automatic transmission, ensuring smooth power delivery and hassle-free operation.
- The Bear Tracker features dual hydraulic front brakes and mechanical rear brakes, providing reliable stopping power.
- The ATV has a reputation for its excellent reliability, requiring minimal maintenance and repairs when properly cared for.
- The Bear Tracker's compact size and nimble handling make it an ideal choice for trail riding and exploring tight spaces.
- It offers a good balance of power and fuel efficiency, allowing for extended riding sessions on a single tank of fuel.
- The Bear Tracker has received positive reviews for its durability, versatility, and value for money.
Regular maintenance intervals for the 1998-2004 Yamaha Bear Tracker ATV include:
► Oil and filter change: Every 20-30 hours of operation or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Air filter cleaning/replacement: Check regularly and clean or replace when necessary.
► Spark plug replacement: Every 2,500-3,000 miles or as recommended.
► Valve clearance adjustment: Check and adjust every 2,000-3,000 miles or as recommended.
► Drive belt inspection and replacement: Check for wear and replace as necessary.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Keep the ATV clean and free from debris, especially around the air filter and cooling fins.
* Inspect tires for proper inflation and tread wear regularly.
* Lubricate all pivot points, cables, and moving parts according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
* Check and adjust the chain tension regularly for optimal performance.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Starting problems: Check the battery for proper voltage and connections. Clean or replace spark plugs and ensure the fuel system is clean and flowing correctly.
■ Overheating: Check the coolant level and radiator for any leaks or clogs. Clean the radiator fins and ensure proper air circulation.
■ Poor performance: Check and clean the carburetor if the ATV is experiencing issues with fuel delivery. Ensure proper air intake and adjust the carburetor as necessary.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system for improved sound and power.
+ Installing a high-flow air filter for enhanced airflow and engine performance.
+ Adding an aftermarket fuel controller or carburetor jet kit for better fuel tuning.
+ Upgrading the suspension components for improved handling and ride quality.
+ Installing a winch or additional lighting accessories for increased functionality.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
♦ Skid plates and A-arm guards for added protection during off-road adventures.
♦ Cargo racks, storage boxes, and saddlebags for increased carrying capacity.
♦ LED light bars, spotlights, and auxiliary lighting options for improved visibility.
♦ Performance air filters and intake kits for enhanced engine performance.
♦ ATV-specific tires for different terrains and riding conditions.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Reliability, durability, user-friendly design, versatility for different types of riding.
☻ Weaknesses: Limited top speed, lack of power compared to larger displacement ATVs, smaller cargo capacity.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts that Often Break:
→ Drive belt replacement.
→ Battery replacement.
→ Spark plug replacement.
→ Carburetor cleaning and adjustment.
→ Brake pad replacement.
→ Air filter cleaning/replacement.
→ Suspension bushing replacement.
→ Chain and sprocket maintenance.
→ Fuel system cleaning and maintenance.
Access the comprehensive shop manual by clicking the Yamaha manual download button. Upon completion of payment, your official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be displayed on the checkout page. Additionally, you will receive an email with payment and download information immediately.