To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models:
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHR FLHRI Road King
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHRSEI Screamin Eagle Road King
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHRSEI2 Screamin Eagle Road Glide
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic
2001 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
2001 Harley-Davidson FLTR Road Glide FLTRI Road Glide
Engine: 1449 cc / 88.4 cu-in, four stroke, 45° V-Twin, Twin Cam 88Â® vibration isolation-mounted Valves Pushrod-operated overhead valves; w/ hydraulic self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder, 95.3 x 101.6 mm
Production/model years: 2001
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Expert Harley-Davidson Repairs: Buy the PDF Guide for 2001 Touring FLT"
Are you a proud owner or enthusiast of the 2001 Harley-Davidson Touring FLT? Look no further! Our comprehensive PDF guide offers valuable insights into engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning recommendations, available accessories, owner reviews, and much more. Whether you're seeking to enhance your bike's performance or simply need guidance for maintenance, this guide is your ultimate resource. Read on to explore the technical data, maintenance advice, and facts about the 2001 Harley-Davidson Touring FLT.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2001 Harley Davidson Touring FLT is powered by a 1450cc (88 cubic inches) V-twin engine.
• It features a four-stroke, air-cooled configuration for optimal cooling and reliability.
• The engine utilizes a carburetor fuel system.
• The Touring FLT is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission.
• It produces a torque of approximately 85 ft-lb at 3000 rpm.
• The bike has a compression ratio of 8.9:1.
• The primary drive uses a chain, while the final drive is via a belt.
• The Touring FLT comes with an electric start system for convenience.
• It has a fuel capacity of around 5 gallons.
• The bike weighs approximately 728 pounds (330 kg) with a full fuel tank.
• The front suspension consists of telescopic forks with a travel distance of 4.6 inches.
• In the rear, it features adjustable air shocks with a travel distance of 3 inches.
• The bike is equipped with disc brakes on both the front and rear wheels for efficient stopping power.
• It rides on cast aluminum wheels, with a 16-inch diameter at the front and 16-inch or 17-inch diameter at the rear.
• The Touring FLT has a wheelbase of 63.5 inches, providing stability and comfortable long-distance cruising.
• It features a single saddle seat for the rider, with optional passenger seating available.
• The bike comes with standard instrumentation, including a speedometer, odometer, and fuel gauge.
• It has a full touring fairing, providing wind protection and a classic Harley-Davidson aesthetic.
• The Touring FLT offers ample storage capacity with integrated hard saddlebags and a tour pack.
• The bike is equipped with a dual exhaust system for a distinctive Harley-Davidson sound.
Facts and Details:
- The 2001 Harley Davidson Touring FLT is part of the renowned Harley-Davidson Touring lineup, designed for long-distance cruising and touring comfort.
- It combines the classic Harley-Davidson styling with modern features and technology.
- The bike offers a comfortable riding position, with an upright posture and well-padded seat for extended journeys.
- The Touring FLT is known for its smooth and powerful performance, making it suitable for both highway cruising and two-up riding.
- It provides excellent stability on the road, thanks to its long wheelbase and suspension setup.
- The bike features a reliable and proven V-twin engine, delivering ample torque for effortless acceleration.
- It offers a comfortable suspension system, soaking up bumps and uneven road surfaces for a smooth ride.
- The Touring FLT comes with convenient storage options, allowing riders to carry their essentials and gear for long trips.
- Harley-Davidson's attention to detail is evident in the high-quality finishes and chrome accents found throughout the bike.
- It is equipped with a reliable electrical system, ensuring consistent performance of lighting, instrumentation, and accessories.
- The Touring FLT's fairing provides excellent wind protection, reducing fatigue during extended rides and improving aerodynamics.
- It offers a wide range of customization options, allowing riders to personalize their bikes according to their preferences.
- The 2001 Touring FLT maintains a strong resale value due to its popularity and durability.
Maintenance Intervals and General Tips:
► Regular oil changes should be conducted according to the manufacturer's recommendations, typically every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
► The primary chain tension should be checked and adjusted regularly.
► Air filters should be inspected and cleaned or replaced as needed.
► Tire pressure and tread depth should be checked regularly, and tires should be replaced when worn.
► Brake pads and rotors should be inspected for wear and replaced if necessary.
► Regular inspections of the electrical system, including wiring connections and battery health, are essential.
► It is recommended to clean and lubricate the drive belt periodically.
► The fuel system should be inspected for leaks and blockages, and the carburetor should be cleaned and adjusted as required.
► Proper storage practices, such as using a battery tender and protecting the bike from the elements, should be followed during periods of inactivity.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Electrical Problems: Some owners have reported issues with electrical components, such as the charging system or ignition. Thorough inspection and professional diagnosis can help identify and resolve these issues.
■ Transmission Shifting Problems: Some riders have experienced issues with shifting, such as difficulty engaging gears or false neutrals. Proper clutch adjustment and regular maintenance of the transmission can alleviate these problems.
■ Oil Leaks: Oil leaks may occur in various areas of the engine, such as the rocker box covers or primary case. Regular inspection of gaskets and seals, as well as proper torqueing of fasteners, can minimize oil leaks.
■ Brake Fluid Contamination: Brake fluid can become contaminated over time, leading to reduced braking performance. Regular flushing and replacement of brake fluid can prevent this issue and maintain optimal braking efficiency.
■ Charging System Failures: In some cases, the charging system may fail to adequately recharge the battery. Thorough testing of the stator, regulator/rectifier, and battery can help identify and rectify charging system problems.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket option can improve both sound and power delivery.
+ Installing a high-flow air intake or air cleaner can increase air intake and improve engine performance.
+ Upgrading the engine's fuel management system, such as adding a fuel tuner, can optimize fuel delivery and performance.
+ Adding a touring windshield or wind deflectors can further enhance wind protection and rider comfort.
+ Upgrading the suspension components, such as installing aftermarket shocks or fork cartridges, can improve ride quality and handling.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
♦ Touring luggage systems, including saddlebags, top cases, and rack options.
♦ Upgraded seats and backrests for enhanced rider and passenger comfort.
♦ Windshields and wind deflectors in various styles and sizes.
♦ Performance exhaust systems from reputable manufacturers.
♦ High-flow air intake kits and air filters for improved engine breathing.
♦ Custom handlebars and grips for personalized ergonomics.
♦ LED lighting options for improved visibility and style.
♦ Touring accessories such as highway pegs, floorboards, and crash bars.
♦ Audio and communication systems for entertainment and connectivity during rides.
♦ Custom paint sets and graphics kits for personalized aesthetics.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Comfortable and smooth long-distance touring capabilities.
☺ Powerful V-twin engine delivering ample torque.
☺ Reliable performance and durability.
☺ Ample storage options for extended trips.
☺ Classic Harley-Davidson styling and customization potential.
☻ Electrical issues reported by some owners.
☻ Potential transmission shifting problems.
☻ Oil leaks in certain areas.
☻ Maintenance and repair costs can be higher compared to other brands.
☻ Heavier weight compared to smaller-sized motorcycles.
Repairs That Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Electrical system diagnostics and repairs.
→ Regular oil changes and addressing oil leaks.
→ Clutch adjustments and transmission maintenance.
→ Brake system inspections and fluid replacement.
→ Charging system testing and potential component replacements.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of gaskets and seals.
Access the comprehensive Harley-Davidson manual by simply clicking the download button highlighted in green. To obtain the detailed Harley-Davidson manual, simply click on the green download button. Once your payment is complete, the checkout page will display the download link for the official Harley-Davidson OEM shop manual/parts list. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information to ensure immediate access to this invaluable resource.