To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: 444H, 544H, TC44H, TC54H / Deere & Company
John Deere 444H (1996-2000)
John Deere 544H (1996-2000)
John Deere TC44H (1996-2000)
John Deere TC54H (1996-2000)
Engine 444H: 329cu in, 6 cylinders, 1400rpm, 228lb ft, 2400rpm, Gross Power 95hp, Net Power 85hp.
Engine 6068T, 544H: 414cu in, 6 cylinders, TURBOCHARGED, 1300rpm, 440lb ft, 2200rpm, Gross Power 138hp, Net Power 130hp,
Engine TC44H: 4045T, 276 cu in, 4 cylinders, Turbocharger, Gross Power 116 hp (87 kw), 325 lbs/ft, 110 hp (82 kw), Power Measured @2200 rpm, Torque Measured @1400 rpm.
Engine TC54H: 6068T, 414 cu in, 6 cylinders, Turbocharged, Gross Power 138 hp (103 kw), 440 lbs/ft, 130 hp (97 kw), Power Measured @2200 rpm,
Publication number: TM1605
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilingual)
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Master the Wheels with the DL Wheel Loader Manual for John Deere 444H, 544H, TC44H, TC54H!"
Unlock the full potential of the John Deere 444H, 544H, TC44H, and TC54H wheel loaders with the DL Wheel Loader Manual. Whether you're a seasoned operator or new to the world of heavy machinery, this comprehensive guide will provide you with the knowledge and expertise to handle these powerful loaders with confidence. From detailed engine specifications and maintenance tips to popular modifications and owner reviews, this manual has everything you need to optimize performance and keep your wheel loader running smoothly. Get ready to elevate your productivity and efficiency on the job site!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The John Deere 444H, 544H, TC44H, and TC54H wheel loaders are equipped with a John Deere PowerTech engine.
• The PowerTech engine is a six-cylinder, turbocharged and air-to-air aftercooled engine.
• These loaders feature a displacement of 8.1 liters (494 cubic inches).
• The engines utilize a high-pressure common rail fuel injection system for efficient fuel delivery.
• The gross horsepower ranges from 141 to 160 horsepower, depending on the model.
• The loaders have a torque rating ranging from 485 lb-ft to 600 lb-ft.
• The engines are designed to meet emission standards, such as EPA Tier 2 and Stage II EU.
• The cooling system includes a radiator, fan, and coolant recovery tank.
• These loaders have a hydrostatic transmission with multiple speed ranges for smooth operation.
• The hydraulic system includes a variable displacement piston pump for efficient power delivery.
• The maximum lift capacity ranges from approximately 10,000 lbs to 14,000 lbs.
• The loaders feature a breakout force ranging from 19,000 lbs to 24,000 lbs.
• The operating weight varies between 25,000 lbs and 32,000 lbs.
• The loaders have a maximum travel speed ranging from 22 mph to 25 mph.
• The fuel tank capacity is approximately 54 gallons.
• The loaders are equipped with a fully enclosed operator cab for comfort and safety.
• The tires vary in size, with options for different tread patterns and materials.
• The loaders have a turning radius ranging from 17 ft to 21 ft, providing maneuverability on job sites.
• The hydraulic system offers multiple functions, including lifting, tilting, and auxiliary attachments.
• The loaders are equipped with a load-sensing hydraulic system for precise control.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 444H and 544H wheel loaders are part of the H-Series lineup, known for their reliability and productivity.
- The TC44H and TC54H models are compact wheel loaders designed for increased maneuverability in tight spaces.
- These loaders feature advanced technology for improved fuel efficiency and reduced emissions.
- The cabs are designed for operator comfort, with ergonomic controls and excellent visibility.
- John Deere loaders are known for their durability and longevity, making them a popular choice in the industry.
- Regular maintenance is crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the loaders.
- Recommended maintenance intervals include regular engine oil and filter changes, as well as hydraulic fluid and filter replacements.
- Daily maintenance checks should include inspecting tires, checking fluid levels, and cleaning air filters.
- Common issues that may arise include hydraulic leaks, electrical problems, and wear on tires and bucket edges.
- Regular inspection of hydraulic hoses and fittings is essential to prevent leaks and ensure proper functioning.
- Proper tire maintenance, including regular pressure checks and tread inspections, is important for safe operation.
- A well-maintained cooling system is crucial to prevent overheating, so regular inspection and cleaning of the radiator and coolant system is recommended.
- Popular tuning tips or modifications for these loaders include upgrading to heavier-duty tires for increased traction and durability.
- Adding auxiliary hydraulic attachments, such as grapples or forks, can enhance the versatility and productivity of the loaders.
Accessories and Attachments:
► General-purpose buckets for various material handling tasks.
► High-capacity buckets for increased productivity and larger load capacities.
► Forks and grapples for handling pallets, logs, and other bulky materials.
► Snow plows and blades for winter maintenance applications.
► Sweeper attachments for cleaning paved surfaces.
► Light material buckets for handling loose materials, such as mulch or grain.
► Graders and levelers for precision work on job sites.
► Hydraulic hammers and compactors for demolition and compaction tasks.
► Augers for digging holes and post installation.
► Rippers for breaking up hard ground or asphalt.
► Snow blowers for removing snow in challenging conditions.
► Quick couplers for easy attachment changes on the job site.
► Cab guards and brush protection for added safety during operation.
► Backup cameras and additional lighting kits for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and durable construction
☺ Excellent fuel efficiency
☺ Comfortable and spacious operator cab
☺ Versatile attachments and accessories available
☺ Smooth operation and maneuverability
☻ Occasional issues with hydraulic leaks
☻ Higher maintenance costs compared to some competitors
☻ Limited visibility in certain operating conditions
Repairs frequently needed and common breakable parts:
→ Hydraulic hose replacements
→ Electrical component repairs
→ Tire replacements
→ Bucket edge and tooth replacements
→ Radiator and cooling system repairs
→ Cylinder seal replacements
→ Brake system maintenance and repairs
→ Engine oil and filter changes
→ Hydraulic filter replacements
→ Belt replacements
→ Starter and alternator repairs
Click the button below to access the detailed John Deere wheel loader repair handbook in PDF format. Upon completing the payment, your official John Deere OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link will be provided on the checkout page, and you will receive an immediate payment confirmation email.