This manual is applicable to the following models: 400 AT, TRX400FA, TRX 400FA, TRX400FGA, TRX 400FGA, TRX400 FGA / Honda Motor Corporation Ltd
2004 Honda Rancher 400 AT
2005 Honda Rancher 400 AT
2006 Honda Rancher 400 AT
2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT
Production/model years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Honda Rancher TRX400fa - 4x4 with auto transmission
Honda Rancher TRX400fga - 4x4 with auto transmission and GPS
Engine: 397cc air-cooled OHV dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke, 85mm x 70mm,
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Repair Manual for the 2004-2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT ATV"
In need of detailed instructions to repair and maintain your 2004-2007 Honda Rancher 400 AT, TRX400FA, TRX400FGA? Look no further! Get ready to access a comprehensive repair manual that will guide you through the intricate processes of maintaining and troubleshooting these powerful all-terrain vehicles. Whether you're a seasoned ATV enthusiast or a novice owner, this manual will equip you with the knowledge and skills to keep your Honda Rancher in optimal condition. Read on to discover a plethora of engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, popular modifications, available accessories, owner reviews, and much more!
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT is powered by a 397cc air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• It features an electric start system and is equipped with Honda's innovative Electronic Shift Program (ESP).
• The engine is mated to an automatic transmission with five forward gears and reverse.
• The ATV is equipped with a sophisticated fuel injection system for enhanced fuel efficiency and smoother throttle response.
• It has a maximum power output of approximately 29 horsepower.
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT features a selectable 2WD/4WD drivetrain for optimal traction in various terrains.
• The ATV has a fuel capacity of 3.6 gallons (13.6 liters).
• It comes with a maintenance-free battery for hassle-free operation.
• The front suspension consists of independent double-wishbone with 5.9 inches (150mm) of travel.
• The rear suspension features a swingarm with single shock, offering 5.9 inches (150mm) of travel.
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT has a ground clearance of 7.2 inches (183mm).
• It weighs approximately 604 pounds (274 kg) without fluids or cargo.
• The ATV is equipped with front and rear hydraulic disc brakes for reliable stopping power.
• It comes with a comfortable seating arrangement for one rider.
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT features an instrument cluster that displays speed, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, and more.
• The ATV has a towing capacity of up to 850 pounds (386 kg) and a payload capacity of 264 pounds (120 kg).
• It rides on 12-inch steel wheels with aggressive all-terrain tires.
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT has a length of 80.9 inches (2055mm), width of 46.1 inches (1170mm), and height of 45.5 inches (1155mm).
• It features a rack capacity of 66 pounds (front) and 133 pounds (rear) for carrying additional cargo.
• The ATV comes with a shaft final drive system for improved durability and reduced maintenance requirements.
• It has a front rack and a rear rack for convenient storage and transportation of gear.
• The Honda Rancher 400 AT features a comfortable, ergonomically designed seat for long rides.
• It has a dual-range sub-transmission for selecting between high and low gear ratios.
• The ATV is equipped with an efficient oil cooling system to prevent overheating during prolonged use.
• It comes with a comprehensive set of lights, including headlights, taillights, and brake lights, for increased visibility and safety.
Facts and Details:
- The Honda Rancher 400 AT was the first ATV in its class to feature Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP), providing easy shifting with the push of a button.
- It offers a comfortable ride with its independent double-wishbone front suspension and rear swingarm suspension.
- The Rancher 400 AT comes with a built-in GPS mount on the handlebars, allowing riders to easily attach their navigation devices.
- Honda's TraxLok system on the Rancher 400 AT allows the rider to shift between 2WD and 4WD on the go, ensuring optimal traction in various conditions.
- It features a unique torque-sensing front differential that automatically transfers power to the wheel with the most traction, enhancing maneuverability.
- The ATV's fuel injection system provides consistent performance at different altitudes and temperatures while reducing emissions.
- Honda designed the Rancher 400 AT with a sturdy chassis and bodywork to withstand tough off-road conditions.
- The ATV's electronic power steering system (EPS) was introduced in later models, providing smoother and easier steering control.
- The Honda Rancher 400 AT offers a wide range of available accessories, including front and rear cargo racks, winches, and snowplows, to enhance its versatility.
- With its powerful engine and towing capacity, the Rancher 400 AT is well-suited for hauling equipment, trailers, and small loads.
- The ATV's compact size and nimble handling make it ideal for maneuvering through tight trails and challenging terrains.
- The Rancher 400 AT has gained a reputation for its reliability and durability, making it a popular choice among ATV enthusiasts.
Maintenance Intervals and Common Issues:
- Regular maintenance intervals for the Honda Rancher 400 AT include oil and filter changes every 1000 miles (1600 km) or six months, whichever comes first.
- It is recommended to inspect and adjust the valve clearance every 6000 miles (9600 km) or two years.
- Air filter cleaning or replacement should be done regularly, especially in dusty environments, to ensure optimal engine performance.
- Common issues reported by Honda Rancher 400 AT owners include electrical problems with the shift control motor and occasional issues with the fuel pump. Consult the repair manual for detailed troubleshooting and solutions.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Installing an aftermarket exhaust system can improve the ATV's performance and provide a deeper exhaust note.
- Upgrading the air filter to a high-flow model allows for increased airflow and potential power gains.
- Adding a power commander or fuel controller can optimize the fuel-to-air ratio, enhancing throttle response and overall performance.
- Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks and springs, can improve the ATV's handling and ride quality in rough terrain.
- Installing a winch on the front or rear rack provides added utility for recovery or hauling purposes.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Front and rear cargo racks for additional storage capacity.
- Snowplows and snowblower attachments for winter maintenance.
- Winches and winch mounting kits for added pulling power.
- Skid plates and A-arm guards for increased undercarriage protection.
- LED light bars or auxiliary lights for improved visibility during night rides.
- Gun racks and bow holders for hunting enthusiasts.
- Hitch receivers and towing accessories for hauling trailers or equipment.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Strengths: Owners appreciate the Honda Rancher 400 AT's reliable engine, easy-to-use electric shifting, and comfortable ride. They also praise its versatility and ability to tackle various terrains with ease.
- Weaknesses: Some owners have reported issues with the shift control motor and occasional electrical problems. However, these issues can be resolved with proper maintenance and timely repairs.
To access your comprehensive shop handbook for the Honda Rancher, simply click the green button and initiate the download process using PayPal for a convenient and secure transaction.
Upon completing your PayPal payment, you will instantly receive the download link for your official Honda Rancher OEM shop manual and parts list. All necessary download information will be emailed to you, ensuring a smooth and prompt process.
Price: 18.99 USD