To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: SV1000S / Suzuki Motor Corporation
2003 Suzuki SV1000S
2004 Suzuki SV1000S
2005 Suzuki SV1000S
2006 Suzuki SV1000S
2007 Suzuki SV1000S
Engine: 996 cc, 8v V-twin, 6 gears, V2, four-stroke, 120.0 HP (87.6 kW) @ 9000 RPM, 102.0 Nm (10.4 kgf-m or 75.2 ft.lbs) @ 7200 RPM, 11.3:1, 90.8 x 66.0 mm (3.6 x 2.6 inches), Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC),
Production/model years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Access the Ultimate Fix for Your Suzuki SV1000S Sport-Touring Motorcycle with a Downloadable PDF Manual!"
Are you the proud owner of a 2003-2007 Suzuki SV1000S sport-touring motorcycle? Whether you're a passionate rider or a DIY enthusiast, we have the perfect solution for you. Gain exclusive access to a comprehensive PDF manual that will guide you through any repair or maintenance task for your Suzuki SV1000S. With our downloadable PDF manual, you can take control of your motorcycle's upkeep and enjoy the satisfaction of maintaining and fixing it yourself.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2003-2007 Suzuki SV1000S is powered by a liquid-cooled, 996cc V-twin engine.
• The engine features a dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) configuration, providing precise valve timing and efficient combustion.
• It has a bore and stroke measurement of 98.0mm x 66.0mm, resulting in a high-revving and torquey power delivery.
• The SV1000S utilizes a fuel injection system for optimal fuel-air mixture control and improved throttle response.
• The engine produces a maximum power output of approximately 120 horsepower, offering strong acceleration and high-speed performance.
• It has a six-speed transmission, allowing smooth and precise gear shifts.
• The Suzuki SV1000S features a digital ignition system, ensuring reliable starting and efficient combustion.
• It has a wet multi-plate clutch for smooth engagement and effortless gear changes.
• The motorcycle comes with a 17-liter (4.5-gallon) fuel tank, providing a decent range for sport-touring adventures.
• It has a steel trellis frame, contributing to its lightweight and nimble handling characteristics.
• The SV1000S features an adjustable suspension system, allowing riders to fine-tune the front forks and rear shock absorber settings.
• It comes with dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake for reliable stopping power.
• The motorcycle has a wheelbase of approximately 1,435mm (56.5 inches), contributing to its stability at high speeds.
• It features a comfortable and upright riding position, suitable for both spirited riding and long-distance touring.
• The SV1000S has a curb weight of around 210kg (462 lbs), making it relatively lightweight for its class.
• It comes with a seat height of approximately 800mm (31.5 inches), accommodating a wide range of rider sizes.
• The Suzuki SV1000S features a dual exhaust system, providing a deep and throaty exhaust note.
• It has a comprehensive instrument cluster, including a digital speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, and trip meter.
• The motorcycle comes equipped with adjustable clip-on handlebars, allowing riders to fine-tune their riding position for optimal comfort.
• It features a sleek and aerodynamic fairing design, providing wind protection and reducing rider fatigue on long rides.
Facts and Details:
- The Suzuki SV1000S offers a perfect balance between sporty performance and touring capabilities, making it a versatile motorcycle for various riding styles.
- It is equipped with a powerful V-twin engine that delivers ample torque throughout the rev range, offering thrilling acceleration and effortless overtaking.
- The SV1000S has a stable and confidence-inspiring handling, allowing riders to confidently tackle twisty roads and corners.
- It features a comfortable seating position and adequate wind protection, making it suitable for long-distance rides without compromising agility and responsiveness.
- The motorcycle has a reputation for its reliability and durability, with many owners reporting high mileage without major mechanical issues.
- The SV1000S has a strong aftermarket support, with a wide range of accessories and performance parts available to enhance its appearance and performance.
- It is praised for its smooth and linear power delivery, allowing riders to effortlessly navigate various riding conditions.
- The SV1000S has a unique and distinctive exhaust note, adding to the overall riding experience and character of the motorcycle.
- The motorcycle offers a good balance between fuel efficiency and performance, making it suitable for both spirited riding and longer journeys.
- The SV1000S has a strong and responsive braking system, ensuring reliable stopping power in all riding situations.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil Change: Recommended every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
► Air Filter Cleaning/Replacement: Clean or replace the air filter every season or as needed to maintain optimal engine performance.
► Spark Plug Replacement: Replace the spark plugs every 8,000 to 12,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Chain Maintenance: Regularly clean, lubricate, and adjust the chain to ensure smooth operation and prevent premature wear.
► Brake Fluid Replacement: Replace the brake fluid every 1-2 years to maintain optimal brake performance.
► Common Issues: Some common issues with the Suzuki SV1000S may include electrical problems, clutch slippage, and fueling issues.
► Solutions: Electrical problems may require thorough inspection of wiring and connectors, and potential replacement of faulty components. Clutch slippage can be resolved by adjusting or replacing worn clutch plates and springs. Fueling issues should be addressed by cleaning or replacing fuel injectors, and ensuring proper fuel system maintenance.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgraded Exhaust System: Installing an aftermarket exhaust system can improve the bike's performance, sound, and aesthetics.
* Performance Air Filter: Upgrading to a high-flow air filter can improve airflow to the engine, enhancing performance and throttle response.
* ECU Reflash or Power Commander: Tuning the bike's fuel injection system can optimize fuel-air mixture and improve overall performance.
* Suspension Upgrades: Installing adjustable suspension components or upgrading the front fork and rear shock absorbers can enhance the bike's handling and comfort.
* Brake Upgrades: Upgrading brake pads and rotors can improve braking performance and feel.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ Windscreens and fairing accessories for improved wind protection.
■ Frame sliders and crash protection for added safety in case of a fall.
■ Rearsets and footpegs for customizable riding positions and improved ergonomics.
■ LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and aesthetics.
■ Tank grips and seat covers for enhanced rider grip and comfort.
■ Luggage options, including saddlebags and tail bags, for increased storage capacity.
■ Upgraded brake and clutch levers for improved ergonomics and adjustability.
■ Performance exhaust systems for enhanced sound and performance.
■ Suspension upgrades, such as adjustable rear shock absorbers or cartridge fork inserts, for improved handling and ride quality.
■ Aftermarket seats for enhanced comfort during long rides.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Suzuki SV1000S:
☺ Powerful and torquey V-twin engine.
☺ Sporty handling and agility.
☺ Comfortable riding position for long-distance touring.
☺ Reliability and durability.
☺ Strong aftermarket support.
☻ Limited wind protection at high speeds.
☻ Some owners report minor electrical issues.
☻ Higher fuel consumption compared to smaller displacement motorcycles.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages:
→ Clutch plates and springs
→ Fuel injectors
→ Starter motor
→ Ignition coils
→ Throttle position sensor
→ Wheel bearings
→ Chain and sprockets
Unlock your access to the comprehensive Suzuki workshop manual by clicking the green button and completing the payment via PayPal or credit card. After completing the payment, the official Suzuki OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.