To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: 2CX, 210, 212 / JC Bamford Excavators Ltd.
JCB 2CX (Years: 1997-)
JCB 210 (Years: 1995-2002)
JCB 212 (Years: 1997-2002)
Engine specs: 268.6 cu in, 55.3 hp/51.5 hp, naturally aspirated, 2200 rpm/1200 rpm, 300lb ft.
Production years (depending on model):
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilingual)
Machine Model and Serial Numbers:
2CX: 930000 Onwards
210, 212: 903000 Onwards
"Revitalize Your Backhoe Loader with a Complete Shop Repair Overhaul and Download the PDF Guide"
If you own a Backhoe Loader, specifically the JCB 2CX, 210, or 212 models, it's crucial to ensure that your equipment receives proper maintenance and care. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide that includes engine specifications, technical data, maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, available accessories and attachments, owner reviews, and more. Get ready to enhance your productivity on the job site with our detailed guide!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The JCB 2CX model is equipped with a diesel engine, delivering power for both loader and excavator operations.
• The engine displacement is typically between 3.0 and 4.4 liters, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• These backhoe loaders feature a turbocharged engine for increased power and performance.
• The engines are designed to meet the latest emission standards, ensuring compliance and environmental efficiency.
• The rated power output ranges from approximately 65 to 100 horsepower, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• The backhoe loaders utilize a mechanical or hydrostatic transmission system, providing smooth and precise control.
• The maximum travel speed varies between 18 to 25 miles per hour, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• The loaders are equipped with four-wheel drive (4WD) for enhanced traction and maneuverability on various terrains.
• The loaders feature a hydraulic system that provides sufficient flow and pressure for both loader and excavator operations.
• The hydraulic system allows for quick and efficient attachment changes, improving productivity on the job site.
• The loaders are equipped with a heavy-duty axle system, ensuring durability and reliability in demanding applications.
• The operating weight of the backhoe loaders ranges from approximately 13,000 to 20,000 pounds, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• The loaders offer a maximum digging depth ranging from 14 to 16 feet, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• The loader bucket capacity ranges from approximately 1 to 1.3 cubic yards, depending on the specific model and configuration.
• The backhoe loaders feature a comfortable operator cabin with ergonomic controls and excellent visibility.
• The loaders are designed with easy access to maintenance points for efficient serviceability.
• These backhoe loaders are versatile machines, suitable for a wide range of applications, including construction, landscaping, and agriculture.
• JCB is renowned for its innovative technology and commitment to producing reliable and high-performance machinery.
Facts and Details:
- The JCB 2CX, 210, and 212 models are part of JCB's extensive backhoe loader lineup, known for their versatility and durability.
- These backhoe loaders offer a combination of loader and excavator capabilities, providing exceptional versatility on the job site.
- The loaders feature a compact design, making them suitable for operation in tight spaces and urban environments.
- The JCB backhoe loaders offer excellent digging capabilities, allowing for efficient excavation tasks.
- These machines are equipped with advanced hydraulic systems, providing precise control and optimal performance.
- The backhoe loaders are designed with a robust chassis and heavy-duty components, ensuring durability in demanding applications.
- JCB backhoe loaders are known for their reliability and low maintenance requirements when properly cared for.
- The loaders offer excellent fuel efficiency, allowing for extended operation without frequent refueling.
- JCB provides extensive support and a network of authorized service centers for maintenance and repairs.
- The JCB 2CX, 210, and 212 models are designed to deliver high productivity and reduce downtime on the job site.
- Owners appreciate the comfortable operator cabin and ergonomic controls, ensuring operator comfort during long hours of operation.
- The backhoe loaders offer excellent visibility from the cabin, enhancing safety and precision during operation.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for engine oil and filter changes, typically every 250 hours or as specified.
► Regularly check and maintain proper levels of hydraulic fluids, coolant, and other essential fluids.
► Inspect and clean the air filter regularly to prevent clogging and maintain optimal engine performance.
► Grease all fittings and pivot points according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Keep the backhoe loader clean, removing dirt, debris, and excess material to prevent component wear and damage.
► Regularly inspect tires for proper inflation and wear, and replace if necessary.
► Check and tighten all bolts, nuts, and fasteners to ensure they are properly secured.
► Common issues may include hydraulic leaks, electrical problems, and wear on cutting edges and bucket teeth.
► If experiencing hydraulic leaks, inspect hydraulic hoses and connections for damage or loose fittings, and repair or replace as needed.
► Electrical problems can often be resolved by checking and cleaning wiring connections, ensuring proper grounding, and inspecting fuses and relays.
► Regularly inspect cutting edges and bucket teeth for wear, and replace them when they become worn or damaged.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrade the tires to heavy-duty or all-terrain tires for improved traction and durability in challenging terrains.
* Install additional lighting for improved visibility during night-time or low-light conditions.
* Consider adding a canopy or cab enclosure for operator comfort and protection from the elements.
* Attach auxiliary hydraulic circuits for operating specialized attachments, such as hydraulic breakers or grapples.
* Upgrade the seat to a suspension seat for enhanced operator comfort during long hours of operation.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Various bucket sizes and configurations, including general-purpose buckets, grading buckets, and trenching buckets.
■ Hydraulic hammers or breakers for breaking concrete or rocks.
■ Grapples for handling bulk materials.
■ Augers for drilling holes.
■ Hydraulic thumbs for improved handling of objects.
■ Tiltrotators for enhanced maneuverability and versatility.
■ Pallet forks for lifting and transporting palletized materials.
■ Snow blowers or plows for snow removal applications.
■ Sweeper attachments for cleaning and debris removal.
■ Rippers for soil loosening and ripping applications.
■ Quick couplers for efficient and quick attachment changes.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the versatility, performance, and durability of the JCB 2CX, 210, and 212 backhoe loaders.
☺ Strengths: The machines offer excellent digging capabilities, precise control, and ease of operation.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mention potential hydraulic leaks and occasional electrical issues.
☻ Weaknesses: The backhoe loaders may require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
Overall, owners appreciate the value for money, reliability, and productivity provided by the JCB backhoe loaders.
Repairs That Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Regular maintenance of hydraulic systems, including inspection and repair of hydraulic hoses and fittings.
→ Replacement of worn-out bucket teeth and cutting edges.
→ Electrical system repairs, including checking and cleaning wiring connections and inspecting fuses and relays.
→ Regular greasing and maintenance of pivot points and moving parts.
→ Inspection and repair of hydraulic leaks in hoses, fittings, and seals.
→ Replacement of worn-out tires or tire repairs.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of the cooling system, including coolant level checks and radiator cleaning.
→ Regular inspection and adjustment of drive belts and tensioners.
→ Replacement of worn-out hydraulic seals in cylinders and valves.
→ Inspection and repair of worn-out or damaged control cables and linkage components.
→ Regular maintenance of the engine, including oil and filter changes and air filter cleaning or replacement.
Access the comprehensive maintenance guidelines manual by clicking the green button. Upon completing the payment, the download link for the official JCB OEM shop manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment and download information.