To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: 750SS Super Sport, 900SS SuperSport / Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A.
1991 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1992 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1993 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1994 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1995 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1996 Ducati 750SS SuperSport
1991 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
1992 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
1993 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
1994 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
1995 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
1996 Ducati 900SS SuperSport
Engine: 748 cc / 45.6 cu-in, air-cooled, four-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, Desmo 90° V-twin, 88 x 61.5 mm
Production year(s): 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Language: English, Italian, German (some of our manuals are multi-language)
"DIY Sport Bike Repair: Get Your Ducati 750SS and 900SS Manual Now!"
Rev up your passion for sport bikes with the iconic 1991-1996 Ducati 750SS SuperSport and 900SS SuperSport. These legendary machines combine power and style, delivering an unforgettable riding experience. To keep your Ducati in peak condition, regular maintenance is key. Our comprehensive DIY manual is here to empower you with the knowledge and skills to handle maintenance and repairs for your Ducati 750SS and 900SS sport bikes. In this guide, we'll explore engine specifications, maintenance tips, popular modifications, and more, ensuring you get the best out of your Ducati.
Engine Specifications / Technical Data:
• Ducati 750SS SuperSport Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin engine.
• Ducati 900SS SuperSport Engine: Air-cooled, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin engine.
• Engine Displacement - 750SS: 748 cc.
• Engine Displacement - 900SS: 904 cc.
• Horsepower - 750SS: 62 HP @ 7,000 RPM.
• Horsepower - 900SS: 80 HP @ 7,000 RPM.
• Torque - 750SS: 54 lb-ft (72.8 Nm) @ 6,000 RPM.
• Torque - 900SS: 61 lb-ft (82.6 Nm) @ 6,000 RPM.
• Bore x Stroke - 750SS: 88 mm x 61.5 mm.
• Bore x Stroke - 900SS: 92 mm x 68 mm.
• Compression Ratio - 750SS: 10.5:1.
• Compression Ratio - 900SS: 9.2:1.
• Fuel System: Weber Marelli electronic fuel injection.
• Ignition: Electronic.
• Transmission: 5-speed.
• Frame: Tubular steel trellis.
• Front Suspension: Showa telescopic fork.
• Rear Suspension: Sachs monoshock.
• Front Brake: Dual 320 mm discs with Brembo calipers.
• Rear Brake: Single 245 mm disc with Brembo caliper.
• Front Tire: 120/60 ZR17.
• Rear Tire: 160/60 ZR17.
• Wheelbase: 56.1 inches (1425 mm).
• Seat Height: 31.5 inches (800 mm).
• Dry Weight - 750SS: 396 lbs (180 kg).
• Dry Weight - 900SS: 410 lbs (186 kg).
• Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons (17 liters).
Facts and Details:
- The Ducati 750SS and 900SS SuperSport are iconic sport bikes that captured the hearts of enthusiasts worldwide.
- Both models feature a classic air-cooled, 90-degree V-twin engine, known for its distinctive sound and power delivery.
- The trellis frame design offers a perfect balance of rigidity and lightweight construction, resulting in agile handling.
- The SuperSport series showcases Ducati's commitment to engineering excellence and precision.
- The electronic fuel injection system ensures optimal fuel delivery and engine performance across the RPM range.
- The Ducati 750SS offers a smooth and enjoyable riding experience, while the 900SS delivers extra power and performance.
- Showa front forks and Sachs rear suspension provide a comfortable ride without compromising sporty handling.
- Both models boast Brembo brakes for superior stopping power and control.
- The sport bikes' ergonomic design and comfortable seating make them suitable for long rides and spirited riding.
- The Ducati 750SS and 900SS feature a minimalist and timeless design, representing the best of Italian engineering and craftsmanship.
- The bikes come with high-quality components, making them reliable and durable for daily commuting and weekend adventures.
- The SuperSport series offers a perfect balance between sporty performance and everyday usability.
Maintenance Intervals and Tips:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for engine oil changes, filter replacements, and other routine checks.
► Keep the chain properly lubricated and adjusted to ensure smooth power delivery and extend chain life.
► Check and adjust the tire pressure regularly for optimal traction and handling.
► Inspect the brake pads and discs regularly and replace them when they reach their minimum thickness.
► Keep the air filter clean and replace it at the recommended intervals to maintain optimal engine performance.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Electrical issues: Check and tighten electrical connections to address intermittent electrical problems.
* Engine oil leaks: Inspect engine gaskets and seals, and replace any faulty ones to prevent oil leaks.
* Clutch adjustments: Keep the clutch properly adjusted to avoid slipping and premature wear.
Tips for Effective Maintenance:
■ Keep the sport bikes clean after each ride, paying special attention to the chain and exhaust pipes.
■ Use high-quality engine oil and perform regular oil changes.
■ Inspect the brake system regularly and replace worn brake pads and discs promptly.
■ Pay attention to the tires' condition and replace them when they reach their recommended lifespan.
■ Store the sport bikes in a dry and covered area when not in use to protect them from the elements.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading to a performance exhaust system for improved engine performance and a sportier sound.
+ Installing an aftermarket air filter and tuning the fuel injection for increased power.
+ Upgrading the suspension components for improved handling and comfort.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Tank pads and tank protectors for added aesthetics and protection.
♦ Frame sliders for safeguarding the frame in case of a fall.
♦ Customized seats for enhanced rider comfort.
Mark D., Motorcycle Enthusiast: The Ducati SuperSport series is a joy to ride. The combination of power and agility is unbeatable.
Lisa M., Experienced Rider: I've owned both the 750SS and 900SS, and they never fail to impress. These bikes are classics for a reason.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
☺ Classic and timeless design.
☺ Powerful and responsive engine.
☺ Precise and agile handling.
☺ Comfortable seating for extended rides.
☻ Limited passenger seating and storage options.
☻ Higher maintenance costs compared to some other sport bikes.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ Chain replacements and adjustments.
→ Brake pad and disc replacements.
→ Regular oil and filter changes.
→ Clutch adjustments and replacements.
→ Electrical system repairs (wiring, connectors).
Click the green button to download the comprehensive PDF manual/repair guide for Ducati 750SS and 900SS sport bikes on [RL] marketplace.
Once your payment is complete, your download link for the OEM Ducati parts list/shop handbook will be available on the checkout page, and we'll promptly email you the payment confirmation.