1983-1990 Mercury Mercruiser #6 Sterndrive Units R, MR, Alpha One, Alpha One SS repair manual
To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Repair your used Sterndrive with the help of this professional electronic PDF download version of the detailed and specific Mercury Mercruiser #6 manual / repair guide.
Production/model years: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990.
The following models are covered by this manual:
- MC 120R / 140B / 185R / 488R / 898R / 228R / 260R --- 6216687 - 6849289
- MC 120MR / 140MR / 170MR / 185MR / 190MR / 200MR / 230MR / 260MR / 300 Tempest MR --- 6849290 - 0A471374
- MC Alpha One / Alpha One SS --- 0A471375 and Above
- 1.98:1 - 1.94:1 - 6237861-6854392
- 1.84:1 - 1.81:1 - 6225577-6862701
- 1.65:1 - 1.62:1 - 6268065-6810537
- 1.50:1 - 1.47:1 - 6229158-6847029
- 1.32:1 - 1.29:1 - 6231571-6663947
MC 120 MR - 300 TEMPEST MR
Original Ratio --- Ratio If Serviced With 13:28 Gears --- Serial Number
- 1.98:1 - 1.94:1 - 6854393-0A476746
- 1.84:1 - 1.81:1 - 6862702-0A470164
- 1.65:1 - 1.62:1 - 6810538-0A475786
- 1.50:1 - 1.47:1 - 6847030-0A479506
MC ALPHA ONE / ALPHA ONE SS
- 1.98:1 - 1.98:1 - 0A476747 and Above - 0C881740 and Above
- 1.84:1 - 1.84:1 - 0A470165 and Above - 0C884040 and Above
- 1.65:1 - 1.65:1 - 0A475787 and Above - 0C881790 and Above
- 1.50:1 - 1.50:1 - 0A479507 and Above - 0C852908 and Above
- 1.32:1 - 1.32:1 - 0A613927 and Above
- Alpha One SS 1.50:1 / 1.32:1 - 1.50 / 1.32:1 - 0A545004 and Above
- 1.98:1 - 0B803866-0C348031
- 1.84:1 - 0B800854-0C343526
- 1.50:1 - 0B796473-0C340666
- 1.32:1 - 0B804807-0C340030
- 3.0L - 3.0L Alpha One
- 4.3L2 - 4.3L Alpha One
- 4.3L4 - 4.3LX Alpha One
- 5.7L - 5.7L Alpha One
- SRX 5.7L - 350 Magnum Alpha One
- SRX 7.4L - 454 Magnum Alpha One
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Mercury Mercruiser #6 Sterndrive Units R, MR, Alpha One, Alpha One SS - Comprehensive Manual, Parts Catalog, and Maintenance Tips Available at RepairLoader
The Mercury Mercruiser #6 Sterndrive Units R, MR, Alpha One, Alpha One SS were first introduced in the early 1980s and quickly became a popular choice among boaters due to their reliable performance and durability. If you're a proud owner of one of these sterndrive units, you want to keep it in top condition. RepairLoader can help you do just that with our comprehensive manual, parts catalog, and maintenance tips.
Here are 20 tech specs you'll find in our manual:
• Engine Type: V6 or V8
• Displacement: 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L, or 7.4L
• Maximum Horsepower: 300-400 HP
• Cooling System: Raw water or closed cooling
• Fuel System: Carbureted or fuel-injected
• Ignition System: Electronic or breaker point
• Starter System: Electric
• Transmission: Three-speed or four-speed
• Drive Unit Type: Alpha One, Alpha One SS, R, or MR
• Drive Ratio: 1.47:1, 1.62:1, 1.81:1, or 1.94:1
• Propeller Size: 14.25 x 21 pitch or 15.25 x 19 pitch
• Steering System: Power-assisted or manual
• Trim System: Power trim or manual trim
• Exhaust System: Through-prop or through-hull
• Electrical System: 12V or 24V
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 75-150 gallons
• Oil Capacity: 4-6 quarts
• Alternator Output: 50-65 amps
• Battery: 12V, 800 CCA
• Weight: 565-880 pounds
Buying our manual is easy and secure. You can purchase it on our website, www.repairloader.com, and pay using PayPal, one of the most trusted payment methods on the web. To get started, simply click on the "buy now" button and follow the instructions. Once your payment is processed, you'll receive an email with all the download information you need to access your manual.
To start your instant download of the manual, click the "buy" button and make your payment using PayPal on our website, www.repairloader.com.
At RepairLoader, we're committed to providing our customers with the best possible service and support. Once your payment is processed, we'll email you all the information you need to download your manual within one minute. If you don't see our email in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder before contacting support. We want to make sure you have everything you need to keep your Mercury Mercruiser #6 Sterndrive Unit in top condition for years to come.