To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: LT-Z 400 QuadSport / Suzuki Motor Corporation
LT-Z 400 QuadSport
Production year(s): 2009
Engine: 39 8cc, (24.29 cubic inches), 4-stroke, 11.3:1, 90.0 x 62.6 mm (3.5 x 2.5 inches), Injection, liquid cooled, Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC), Dry sump.
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV Repair Manual for Expert Guidance on Repairs"
If you own a 2009 Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV, you understand the importance of proper maintenance and repairs to keep it running smoothly and performing at its best. To assist you in these endeavors, we offer the Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV Repair Manual, available for download. This comprehensive guide provides detailed instructions and technical specifications to help you with various engine repairs, troubleshooting, and maintenance tasks. Read on to discover engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, common issues and their solutions, tuning options, available accessories, owner reviews, and more about the 2009 Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport is equipped with a 398cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke engine.
• It features a bore and stroke of 90.0 mm x 62.6 mm.
• The engine incorporates a DOHC (Dual Overhead Camshaft) configuration for efficient valve control.
• It utilizes a Mikuni BSR36 carburetor for optimal fuel delivery.
• The ATV has a compression ratio of 11.3:1.
• The ignition system employs a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) for reliable spark generation.
• The engine is equipped with an electric starter for convenient starting.
• It features a dry-sump lubrication system to ensure proper oil delivery and engine protection.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport utilizes a five-speed transmission with manual clutch for precise gear changes.
• It has a multi-plate wet clutch for smooth power transfer to the drivetrain.
• The ATV features an air-cooled oil cooler to regulate engine temperature.
• It comes with a K&N air filter for enhanced air intake and filtration.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport has a double A-arm front suspension with adjustable preload.
• It features a swingarm rear suspension with adjustable preload and rebound damping.
• The ATV comes with dual hydraulic disc brakes at the front and a single hydraulic disc brake at the rear for reliable stopping power.
• It has a wheelbase of 1,475 mm for stability and maneuverability.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport is equipped with 22-inch front and 20-inch rear tires for optimal traction.
• It features aluminum-alloy wheels for reduced weight and improved handling.
• The ATV has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 9.0 liters, allowing for longer rides without frequent refueling.
• It comes with a chain final drive for efficient power transmission.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport has a seat height of 810 mm, providing a comfortable riding position.
• It offers a ground clearance of 265 mm for navigating various terrains.
• The ATV features dual halogen headlights for enhanced visibility during nighttime riding.
• It comes equipped with a maintenance-free battery for reliable starting power.
• The Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport has a dry weight of approximately 165 kg, making it lightweight and agile.
Facts and Details:
- The LT-Z 400 QuadSport is known for its sporty performance and nimble handling, making it popular among ATV enthusiasts.
- It features aggressive styling with a sleek and compact design.
- The ATV's powerful engine delivers impressive acceleration and top speed capabilities.
- The LT-Z 400 QuadSport is suitable for both recreational trail riding and competitive racing.
- It offers a responsive and predictable suspension system, allowing riders to tackle various terrains with confidence.
- The ATV's lightweight construction contributes to its exceptional maneuverability and agility.
- It features a user-friendly electric starter, eliminating the need for kick-starting.
- The LT-Z 400 QuadSport comes with a comprehensive instrument cluster, providing essential information such as speed, fuel level, and engine temperature.
- It offers a comfortable and ergonomically designed seat for extended riding sessions.
- The ATV is equipped with a durable chassis and robust components to withstand demanding off-road conditions.
- It has a reputation for reliable performance and durability, backed by Suzuki's engineering expertise.
- The LT-Z 400 QuadSport is highly customizable, with numerous aftermarket options available for performance upgrades and personalization.
Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV Repair Manual. It covers regular tasks such as oil changes, filter replacements, valve adjustments, and more.
General Maintenance Tips:
- Regularly inspect and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal traction and handling.
- Clean the air filter regularly to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
- Check and adjust the chain tension periodically for proper operation and longevity.
- Maintain the appropriate coolant level and ensure the cooling system is clean and free from debris.
- Inspect the brakes regularly and replace worn brake pads or shoes as necessary.
- Lubricate moving parts, such as the throttle and clutch cables, to ensure smooth operation.
- Keep the ATV clean and free from dirt, mud, and debris to prevent premature wear and corrosion.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Starting Issues: If the ATV experiences difficulty starting, check the battery condition, spark plug, and electrical connections. Replace any faulty components and ensure proper fuel delivery.
Overheating: If the ATV tends to overheat, check the coolant level and radiator for any blockages. Clean the radiator and ensure proper airflow for efficient cooling.
Fuel System Problems: Clogged fuel lines or a dirty carburetor can cause poor performance or stalling. Clean or replace the affected parts and ensure proper fuel flow.
Clutch Slippage: A worn clutch can result in power loss and reduced performance. Inspect the clutch plates and replace them if worn or damaged.
Suspension Maintenance: Regularly check the suspension components for leaks, damage, or worn-out parts. Replace or repair as necessary to maintain optimal handling and comfort.
Electrical Issues: Faulty wiring connections or electrical components can cause intermittent power loss or electrical malfunctions. Inspect the electrical system and repair or replace any damaged parts.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the 2009 Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport:
- Installing a performance exhaust system can enhance both the ATV's power delivery and exhaust note.
- Upgrading the air filter to a high-flow aftermarket option can improve air intake and optimize engine performance.
- Adding a fuel management system can provide better fuel mapping for increased power and throttle response.
- Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks or A-arms, can improve the ATV's off-road capabilities and handling.
- Installing a nerf bar or skid plate can provide additional protection to vulnerable components during off-road riding.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options for the 2009 Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport:
Skid Plates: These accessories provide protection to the ATV's undercarriage and vulnerable components.
Nerf Bars: Nerf bars offer added safety and protection to the rider's feet and legs.
Hand Guards: Handguards shield the rider's hands from branches, debris, and weather elements.
LED Light Kits: LED lights can be installed to enhance visibility during night riding.
Performance Air Filters: Upgraded air filters offer improved air intake and filtration for enhanced performance.
Graphics Kits: Custom graphics kits are available to personalize the ATV's appearance.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the 2009 Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport:
- Powerful engine with excellent acceleration.
- Responsive and predictable handling.
- Lightweight and agile, ideal for maneuvering through tight trails.
- Durable construction and reliable performance.
- Comfortable seating position for long rides.
- Some owners have reported issues with the stock battery's durability.
- Limited storage options for carrying belongings during rides.
- The ATV may require periodic maintenance and adjustments to maintain optimal performance.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently:
- Regular oil and filter changes.
- Chain adjustments and lubrication.
- Brake pad replacements.
- Air filter cleaning or replacement.
- Valve adjustments and clearance checks.
- Spark plug replacements.
- Suspension maintenance and component inspections.
Start your troubleshooting journey and purchase the detailed Suzuki LT-Z 400 QuadSport ATV Repair Manual in PDF format by clicking the green button, available for buying securely through the RepairLoader marketplace using PayPal.
After completing your secure PayPal payment, your official Suzuki OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be displayed on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary information to instantly download your file.