To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual:
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDI Dyna Super Glide (EFI)
2004 Harley-Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDXI Dyna Super Glide Sport (EFI)
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDWGI Dyna Wide Glide (EFI)
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDP Dyna Defender (Police)
2004 Harley-Davidson FXDLI Dyna Low Rider (EFI)
Engine: 1449 cc, 4-Stroke, Air Cooled, V-Twin, 95.3 mm x 101.6 mm, 8.8:1, 102 Nm (75.2 ft. lbs) @ 3400 rpm
Production/model years: 2004
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revamp Your Cruiser Bike with a Comprehensive Shop Repair Overhaul and Download the PDF Guide"
Are you a proud owner of a cruiser bike, specifically the 2004 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna, Low Rider, Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Wide Glide, or Low Rider? If so, it's crucial to ensure that your beloved ride receives proper maintenance and care. In this article, we will provide you with a wealth of information about engine specifications, technical data, maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Get ready to enhance your biking experience with our comprehensive guide!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The engine type is a 1449cc, Twin Cam 88 V-Twin.
• The bore and stroke measure 95.18mm x 101.52mm.
• It has a compression ratio of 8.9:1.
• The fuel system features a carburetor.
• The primary drive uses a chain.
• The transmission is a 5-speed manual.
• The final drive is a belt.
• The cooling system utilizes air.
• The bike comes with a dual exhaust system.
• It has a displacement of 88 cubic inches.
• The maximum torque is achieved at 3000 RPM.
• The ignition system is electronic.
• The front suspension consists of telescopic forks.
• Rear suspension features twin shocks.
• The front and rear brakes are disc brakes.
• The front tire size is 100/90-19.
• The rear tire size is 150/80-16.
• The overall length of the bike is 92.6 inches.
• It has a seat height of 26.8 inches.
• The fuel capacity is 4.9 gallons.
• The dry weight of the bike is 631 pounds.
• The wheelbase measures 64.2 inches.
• The ground clearance is 5.6 inches.
• The oil capacity is 3.5 quarts.
Facts and Details:
- The FXD Dyna series is known for its classic, stripped-down styling combined with modern performance.
- The Low Rider model features a low-slung design with a comfortable riding position.
- The Super Glide model offers a balanced blend of power and agility.
- The Super Glide Sport model provides a sportier look and feel with a higher handlebar position.
- The Wide Glide model showcases a wider front end, giving it a more aggressive stance.
- The Low Rider model boasts a lower seat height and a retro-inspired design.
- All models are equipped with the Twin Cam 88 engine, delivering ample torque for cruising and highway riding.
- These bikes feature a sturdy frame and suspension system, providing a smooth and stable ride.
- The 2004 models come with a 5-speed manual transmission for precise gear shifting.
- Harley Davidson offers various customization options, allowing riders to personalize their bikes according to their preferences.
- Regular maintenance is essential to keep these bikes in top condition and ensure optimal performance.
- Maintenance intervals typically include oil and filter changes every 3,000 miles and a comprehensive inspection every 10,000 miles.
- General maintenance tips include regularly checking tire pressure, inspecting brake pads and fluid levels, and lubricating moving parts.
Common Issues and Solutions:
► One common issue is the development of oil leaks. Regularly inspecting gaskets and seals and replacing them when necessary can prevent this problem.
► Another common issue is electrical system faults. Checking the battery, connections, and fuses regularly can help identify and resolve electrical issues.
► Some riders may experience clutch problems. Adjusting the clutch cable and ensuring proper lubrication can resolve clutch-related issues.
► Vibrations can occur due to loose components. Regularly checking and tightening bolts and fasteners can minimize vibrations.
► Over time, the fuel system may develop clogs or other issues. Regularly cleaning or servicing the carburetor and fuel filter can prevent fuel system problems.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
* Upgrading the air intake system with a high-flow air filter and aftermarket air cleaner can improve the bike's performance.
* Installing a performance exhaust system can enhance the bike's sound and increase power.
* Upgrading the ignition system with a high-performance ignition module can improve throttle response and overall engine performance.
* Adding a fuel management system, such as a power commander, can optimize fuel delivery and improve fuel efficiency.
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as replacing stock shocks with adjustable aftermarket shocks, can enhance the bike's handling and ride quality.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
+ Windshields and fairings for improved wind protection.
+ Saddlebags and luggage racks for added storage capacity.
+ Upgraded seats and backrests for enhanced comfort during long rides.
+ Custom handlebars and grips for personalized ergonomics.
+ Performance upgrades such as camshafts, big bore kits, and high-flow cylinder heads.
+ LED lighting kits and custom taillights for improved visibility and style.
+ Chrome accessories and trim for a shiny, customized appearance.
+ Upgraded audio systems and communication devices for entertainment and communication on the road.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the classic styling, comfortable riding position, and the powerful V-Twin engine.
☺ Strengths: The bikes offer excellent stability, smooth acceleration, and a solid build quality.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mention limited ground clearance and potential exhaust heat issues.
☻ Weaknesses: The stock suspension may feel too soft for some riders, especially when riding aggressively.
Overall, owners enjoy the cruising capabilities, customization options, and the timeless appeal of these bikes.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Regular oil changes and filter replacements.
→ Brake pad replacements and brake fluid flushes.
→ Spark plug replacements and ignition system maintenance.
→ Belt replacements for the final drive.
→ Wheel bearing inspections and replacements.
→ Replacement of worn-out tires.
→ Clutch cable adjustments or replacements.
→ Battery replacements for optimal performance.
→ Headlight and taillight bulb replacements.
→ Handlebar grip replacements for worn-out grips.
→ Replacement of worn-out suspension components.
→ Regular chain maintenance and lubrication.
→ Inspection and replacement of worn-out gaskets and seals.
Download the comprehensive shop handbook for maintenance guidelines by clicking the green button. Upon completing the payment, you will find the download link for the official Harley-Davidson OEM shop manual and parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.