To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: Big Bear 350, YFM350 / Yamaha Motor Company
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350
1998 Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350
1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350
Model or production year(s): 1997, 1998, 1999
Number of pages: 351
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Your Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350 ATV Maintenance Guide in PDF Format for Easy Access"
When it comes to maintaining your Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350 ATV, having a comprehensive maintenance guide is crucial. We understand the importance of keeping your ATV in optimal condition for all your off-road adventures. That's why we're thrilled to offer you the opportunity to get a detailed maintenance guide in PDF format. Whether you own a 1997, 1998, or 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350, this guide will provide you with engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, common issues, available accessories, and much more. Read on to discover all the details about these versatile and reliable ATVs and how you can effortlessly maintain them for years of thrilling rides.
Engine specifications/technical data:
• The Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350 is equipped with a 348cc, air-cooled, four-stroke engine.
• It features a single overhead camshaft (SOHC) design, delivering reliable power for off-road performance.
• The engine has a bore and stroke of 83mm x 64.5mm, providing a good balance of torque and horsepower.
• With a compression ratio of 8.6:1, the Big Bear 350 offers efficient combustion and fuel economy.
• The ATV utilizes an electric starter system for quick and convenient engine ignition.
• It is equipped with a semi-automatic clutch and a 5-speed transmission, allowing for precise gear changes.
• The Big Bear 350 features a front double A-arm suspension and a rear swingarm suspension, providing a smooth and controlled ride.
• It comes with dual hydraulic front disc brakes and a mechanical rear drum brake for reliable stopping power.
• The ATV has a fuel tank capacity of 13.5 liters, ensuring longer riding range without frequent refueling.
• The Big Bear 350 offers selectable 2WD and 4WD modes, allowing you to adapt to different terrain conditions.
Facts and details:
- The Yamaha Big Bear 350, YFM 350 is a versatile and reliable ATV suitable for various off-road activities.
- It features a rugged design with a robust chassis and ample ground clearance for tackling challenging terrains.
- The Big Bear 350 is known for its durability and low-maintenance requirements.
- Maintenance intervals for the ATV typically include regular oil and filter changes every 100 hours of operation and air filter replacement every 300 hours.
- It's important to regularly inspect and adjust the drive chain tension to ensure optimal power transfer.
- Common issues with the Big Bear 350 may include carburetor problems, such as clogging or improper tuning, which can be resolved through regular cleaning and adjustments.
- Upgrading the exhaust system with aftermarket options can improve both performance and sound.
- Adding a winch to the ATV can provide extra pulling power for tackling challenging off-road situations.
- The Big Bear 350 can be fitted with cargo racks or storage boxes for increased carrying capacity.
- Popular tuning tips include installing aftermarket shocks for improved suspension performance and upgrading the tires for better traction and durability.
Available accessories and aftermarket options:
► Winches and winch mounts
► Cargo racks and storage boxes
► Aftermarket exhaust systems
► Upgraded suspension components
► LED light bars and auxiliary lighting
► Skid plates and protective accessories
Owner reviews and opinions about the strengths and weaknesses:
☺ Reliable and durable construction
☺ Versatile performance for various off-road terrains
☺ Easy to maintain and service
☺ Good power and torque for its class
☺ Smooth and controlled ride
☻ Limited top speed compared to higher-powered ATVs
☻ Drum brake in the rear may require regular adjustments
☻ Availability of specific aftermarket parts may vary
Repairs that need to be carried out most frequently and common parts that often break:
→ Regular maintenance of the carburetor, including cleaning and tuning.
→ Drive chain maintenance, including lubrication and tension adjustment.
→ Brake pad replacement for consistent braking performance.
→ Spark plug replacement for efficient combustion.
→ Regular inspection and adjustment of the electrical system, including battery maintenance and wiring checks.
→ Suspension component checks and lubrication to maintain optimal performance.
Download the comprehensive shop handbook for Yamaha ATVs by clicking the green button. Once your payment is complete, the download link for the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list will be provided on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment and download information.