To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual covers the following models:
Cub Cadet 1340
Cub Cadet 1535
Cub Cadet 1541
Cub Cadet 1860
Cub Cadet 1862
Cub Cadet 1782
Cub Cadet 1882
Cub Cadet 2082
Cub Cadet 2182
Models, type / manufacturer: 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862, 1782, 1882, 2082, 2182 / Cub Cadet (a part of MTD), Brownsville, Tennessee, USA.
Engine 1340 specs /engine make: Kohler Command, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, 398 cc, 24.29 ci, 3.43x2.64 inches, 87 x 67 mm, 12.5 hp, 9.3 kW.
Engine 1535 specs /engine make: Kohler, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, 691 cc, 42.18 ci, 3.125x2.75 inches, 79 x 70 mm, 15 hp, 11.2 kW.
Engine 1541 specs /engine make: see above.
Engine 1860 specs /engine make: Kohler Magnum M18, ..., see above, ..., 18 hp, 13.4 kW.
Engine 1862 specs /engine make: see above.
Engine 1782 specs /engine make: Kubota D640, diesel, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, horizontal-shaft inline, 17 hp, 12.7 kW,
Engine 1882 specs /engine make: Kohler, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, 674 cc, 41.18 ci, 3.125x2.75 inches, 79 x 70 mm, 18 hp, 13.4 kW.
Engine 2082 specs /engine make: Kohler M20S, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, 770 cc, 46.98 ci, 3.125x3.06 inches, 79 x 78 mm, 20 hp, 14.9 kW.
Engine 2182 specs /engine make: Kubota 640, gasoline, 3-cylinder, liquid-cooled, horizontal-shaft inline, 600 cc, 36.61 ci, 2.52x2.45 inches, 64 x 62 mm, 21 hp, 15.7 kW.
Production year(s): 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996.
Manual Language: English
"Troubleshoot Your Garden Tractor: Download Parts List and Manual for Cub Cadet 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862, 1782, 1882, 2082, 2182!"
Maintaining a garden tractor in top-notch condition is essential for efficient and hassle-free yard work. In this comprehensive guide, we'll provide you with engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, accessories, owner reviews, and a complete list of frequent repairs for the Cub Cadet 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862, 1782, 1882, 2082, and 2182 models. Download the essential parts list and manual to troubleshoot and maintain your garden tractor effectively, ensuring smooth operation and prolonged service life.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Type: Kohler Command or Cub Cadet/Kawasaki gasoline engine
• Displacement: Varies by model (e.g., 13 HP, 15 HP, 18 HP)
• Transmission: Hydrostatic or Gear drive (varies by model)
• Fuel Tank Capacity: Varies by model (e.g., 2.5-6.5 gallons)
• Forward Speed: Varies by model (e.g., 0-7.8 MPH)
• Reverse Speed: Varies by model (e.g., 0-3.2 MPH)
• PTO (Power Take-Off) Type: Electric or manual engagement (varies by model)
• PTO Horsepower: Varies by model (e.g., 11-15 HP)
• Cutting Width: Varies by model (e.g., 38-60 inches)
• Deck Height Adjustments: 5-6 positions
• Turning Radius: Varies by model (e.g., 16-22 inches)
• Weight: Varies by model (e.g., 520-835 lbs)
• Tire Size (Front/Rear): Varies by model (e.g., 15x6-6/20x10-8)
Facts and Details:
- The Cub Cadet 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862, 1782, 1882, 2082, and 2182 are part of the Cub Cadet Super Garden Tractor series.
- These garden tractors were well-known for their powerful engines and versatile attachments, suitable for various lawn and garden tasks.
- The hydrostatic or gear drive transmission provided smooth and precise control during operation.
- The deck height adjustments allowed users to customize the cutting height according to their lawn's needs.
- The electric or manual PTO engagement facilitated easy operation of various attachments, including mowers and snow blowers.
- Owners appreciated the comfortable and ergonomic operator seat for extended work sessions.
- The garden tractors offered excellent maneuverability with varying turning radii.
- The Cub Cadet/Kawasaki gasoline engines and Kohler Command engines were renowned for their reliability and performance.
- The tractors came with a sturdy and durable construction, ensuring longevity and low maintenance requirements.
- The Super Garden Tractor series was suitable for both residential and light commercial applications.
- These garden tractors were compatible with a wide range of attachments, such as baggers, rollers, and spreaders.
► Change engine oil and filters regularly as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Keep the air filter clean and free from debris to ensure proper airflow to the engine.
► Check and maintain the tire pressure for even wear and optimal traction.
► Lubricate all pivot points and fittings regularly to prevent wear and reduce friction.
► Inspect the mower deck and blades for damage and perform routine maintenance to ensure a clean cut.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrade to high-performance air filters for improved engine airflow.
* Install a mulching kit to finely chop grass clippings and return them to the lawn.
* Add a rear weight kit to improve traction, especially when using rear-mounted attachments.
* Upgrade to LED lights for better visibility during low-light conditions.
* Install a high-back suspension seat for improved operator comfort during long work hours.
Accessories and Attachments:
■ Mower decks in various cutting widths for grass cutting and lawn maintenance.
■ Snow blowers and snow blades for winter snow clearing.
■ Front-end loaders for material handling and landscaping tasks.
■ Rear baggers and catchers for collecting grass clippings and leaves.
■ Rear spreaders for fertilizing and seeding.
■ Rollers for smoothing and leveling the lawn.
■ Dethatchers for removing thatch from the lawn surface.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Powerful engines with ample torque for heavy-duty tasks.
☺ Versatile and compatible with a wide range of attachments.
☺ Comfortable and ergonomic operator seat for long work sessions.
☺ Durable construction ensuring longevity and reliability.
☺ Smooth and precise control with hydrostatic or gear drive transmission.
☻ Some users reported occasional issues with the electric PTO engagement.
☻ Availability of certain attachments and accessories may vary by region.
The Cub Cadet 1340, 1535, 1541, 1860, 1862, 1782, 1882, 2082, and 2182 Super Garden Tractors are powerful and versatile machines suitable for various lawn and garden tasks. With their robust engines and reliable transmission options, they offer smooth operation and efficient performance. By following regular maintenance and troubleshooting practices, you can keep these garden tractors in excellent condition and make them valuable assets for your lawn care and landscaping needs.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages:
→ Mower deck belts and blades.
→ PTO clutch and switches.
→ Ignition switches and solenoids.
→ Fuel filters and fuel pumps.
→ Hydrostatic drive belts and pulleys.
→ Tie rod ends and steering components.
→ Starter motors and alternators.
→ Hydraulic lift cylinders.
Purchase with PayPal and gain access to the detailed Cub Cadet parts list and shop manual in PDF format.
Upon completing your PayPal purchase, the download link for the OEM Cub Cadet parts list and shop handbook will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.