To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: LS 650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS / Suzuki Motor Corporation
1986 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1987 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1988 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1989 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1990 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1991 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1992 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1993 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1994 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1995 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1996 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1997 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1998 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
1999 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2000 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2001 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2002 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2003 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2004 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2005 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2006 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2007 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2008 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
2009 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS
Engine: 652 cc, four-stroke, single cylinder, air cooled, with SOHC, 94.0 mm x 94.0 mm, 8.5:1, 30.04 HP (22.4 KW) @ 5400RPM, 33.93 ft/lbs (46.0 Nm) @ 3400RPM.
Production/model years: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Manual for Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS Cruiser Motorcycles and Master Your Ride"
Looking to unlock the full potential of your Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS cruiser motorcycle? Look no further! With our downloadable manual, you'll gain access to a wealth of information, including engine specifications, technical data, maintenance tips, tuning options, accessory lists, and more. Whether you're a proud owner or a passionate rider, this manual will be your ultimate guide to understanding and optimizing your Suzuki cruiser motorcycle. Get ready to elevate your riding experience and keep your bike running smoothly.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 1986-2009 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS is powered by a 652cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• It has a bore and stroke of 94.0mm x 94.0mm, delivering a balanced combination of power and torque.
• The engine features a single overhead cam (SOHC) configuration, ensuring reliable performance.
• The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS comes equipped with a Mikuni BS40 carburetor, providing efficient fuel delivery.
• It has a kick-start and electric start option for easy ignition in any situation.
• The motorcycle features a five-speed constant mesh transmission, allowing for smooth gear changes.
• It has a wet multi-plate clutch system for precise engagement and durability.
• The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS has a compression ratio of 8.5:1, balancing power and efficiency.
• It features a reliable CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) electronic ignition system.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a chain final drive, ensuring efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• It features a front suspension system with telescopic forks, providing a comfortable ride.
• The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS comes with a rear suspension setup consisting of a single shock absorber.
• It has a front disc brake and a rear drum brake, ensuring reliable stopping power.
• The motorcycle features a fuel tank capacity of approximately 12 liters, enabling extended rides.
• It has a wheelbase of around 1,480mm, offering stability and maneuverability.
• The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS has an approximate dry weight of 160kg, making it lightweight and agile.
• It features a seat height of around 700mm, providing a comfortable riding position.
• The motorcycle has a ground clearance of approximately 140mm, suitable for various road conditions.
• It comes with a 100/90-19 front tire and a 140/80-15 rear tire, providing traction and stability.
• The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS features a classic cruiser design, combining style and functionality.
Facts and Details:
- The 1986-2009 Suzuki LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS is a popular and reliable entry-level cruiser motorcycle.
- It is known for its lightweight and nimble handling, making it suitable for both city riding and open road cruising.
- The motorcycle features a low seat height and a comfortable riding position, accommodating riders of various sizes.
- The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS offers a smooth and predictable power delivery, ideal for new riders.
- It is equipped with a torquey engine, providing ample low-end power for easy maneuvering in traffic.
- The motorcycle features a simplistic and classic design, appealing to riders seeking a retro aesthetic.
- The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS offers excellent fuel efficiency, making it economical for daily commuting or long rides.
- It is praised for its reliability and ease of maintenance, with a robust build quality and a straightforward mechanical design.
- The motorcycle features a comfortable suspension setup, providing a smooth and controlled ride.
- The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS is highly regarded for its affordable price point, making it accessible to a wide range of riders.
- It offers ample customization options, allowing riders to personalize their motorcycles with accessories and modifications.
- The motorcycle is known for its low cost of ownership, with affordable parts and a strong community of owners and enthusiasts.
- The LS650 Savage Boulevard S40 LS is capable of handling long-distance rides, offering a balance of comfort and performance.
- It has a reputation for its durability and longevity, with many examples of the motorcycle still on the road today.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Regular maintenance intervals include oil and filter changes every 3,000-5,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Clean and lubricate the drive chain regularly to ensure proper tension and longevity.
► Check and adjust tire pressure according to the manufacturer's recommendations for optimal performance and safety.
► Inspect the brake system regularly, including brake pads, rotors, and fluid levels.
► Keep the battery charged and clean the terminals to maintain reliable starting.
► Common issues may include carburetor problems, electrical issues, and worn-out brake components.
► Carburetor problems can often be resolved by cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor.
► Electrical issues can be addressed by checking connections, fuses, and replacing faulty components.
► Worn-out brake components, such as pads or shoes, should be replaced to maintain proper braking performance.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrade the exhaust system to enhance performance and sound.
* Install a high-flow air filter for improved airflow and increased power.
* Consider adding a fuel management system for fine-tuning the fuel mixture.
* Upgrade the suspension components for improved handling and comfort.
* Customize the motorcycle's appearance with aftermarket accessories, such as handlebars, grips, or seats.
Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Available accessories may include windshields, saddlebags, passenger seats, and backrests.
■ Aftermarket options can include custom exhaust systems, handlebar risers, engine guards, and LED lighting kits.
■ Attachments such as luggage racks, highway pegs, and engine covers may be available for added convenience and style.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Lightweight and easy to handle.
☺ Comfortable riding position.
☺ Affordable and economical.
☺ Reliable and durable.
☺ Classic cruiser styling.
☻ Limited power for high-speed highway riding.
☻ Limited storage capacity.
☻ Vibration at higher speeds.
☻ Limited customization options compared to larger cruiser motorcycles.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts that Often Break:
→ Regular oil changes and filter replacements for optimal engine performance.
→ Drive chain adjustments and replacements for proper tension and wear.
→ Brake pad replacements for reliable braking performance.
→ Battery replacements or maintenance to ensure reliable starting.
→ Carburetor maintenance, including cleaning or rebuilding.
→ Spark plug replacements for consistent ignition.
→ Electrical system repairs or component replacements as needed.
→ Suspension component maintenance, including shock absorber inspections and replacements.
→ Regular cleaning and maintenance of chrome and painted surfaces.
Click the button below to instantly access the comprehensive service manual for your Suzuki cruiser motorcycle in a convenient PDF format.
Upon completing the payment, you will find the download link for the official Suzuki OEM shop manual and parts catalog on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the confirmation of your payment.